Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Crazy products

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those!

As a young child I collected them. I had bunches of them. They came with bubble gum as I recall, like baseball cards. They were fantastic.

As I remember it the ones I collected were on cards though, not stickers... I think. Not sure. It was a long time ago (1970's).

-vern

My roommate mentioned these to me just last week. I'd never heard of them till then. This is really fantastic, so far. Nice job on you labels (and on the models too!). Hmmmm.....What can be added to your basket:

Soup cans...brands....Progresso, Campbell's, Healthy Choice

Frozen meals - Swanson, Lean Cuisine, Stoffers, D'Giarno (not sure what spoof you'd do on that one).

Ice Cream - Haagen Daz, Ben & Jerry's (I can see a Bush and Cheney joke in there somewhere), Dreyers, Edy's

Green Giant

Lay's potato chips (perhaps that one is too obvious?), Ruffles, Doritos, Tostitos, Fritos, etc.

Have fun spoofing. I can't wait to see what else you come up with :D.

- Michael

There is an original 1973 "Ajerx" sticker going for $65 on eBay...

I had a bunch of that one as a kid as well as the "Crust Toothpaste" sticker and all the classics. It brought back memories. I had those stuck to my notebook in school.

I remember now... they were stickers. But I also had a huge stack of cards as well.

-vern

I remember those!

As a young child I collected them. I had bunches of them. They came with bubble gum as I recall, like baseball cards. They were fantastic.

As I remember it the ones I collected were on cards though, not stickers... I think. Not sure. It was a long time ago (1970's).

-vern

My brother and I collected them in to 70's as well. Some of the prices as you mentioned, are crazy. There was one we found online that spoofed Morton Salt and it was calle Moron Salt. It was never released because Morton threatened to sue Topps over it.

My roommate mentioned these to me just last week. I'd never heard of them till then. This is really fantastic, so far. Nice job on you labels (and on the models too!). Hmmmm.....What can be added to your basket:

Soup cans...brands....Progresso, Campbell's, Healthy Choice

Frozen meals - Swanson, Lean Cuisine, Stoffers, D'Giarno (not sure what spoof you'd do on that one).

Ice Cream - Haagen Daz, Ben & Jerry's (I can see a Bush and Cheney joke in there somewhere), Dreyers, Edy's

Green Giant

Lay's potato chips (perhaps that one is too obvious?), Ruffles, Doritos, Tostitos, Fritos, etc.

Have fun spoofing. I can't wait to see what else you come up with :D.

- Michael

Those are some great ideas. I may have to steal a few ;) Thanks for the comments!

• 7 months later...

I fondly remember something they used to sell at truckstops: Roadkill Helper. Came in a box like Hamburger Helper, with stuff inside - probably wood chips - that rattled. Directions on back about how to roast roadkill on a hot manifold.

Sadly, General Mills or Cargill or whoever owns Hamburger Helper sued them and they stopped making it. Gave my box away as a gift; I wish I had it back.

I fondly remember something they used to sell at truckstops: Roadkill Helper. Came in a box like Hamburger Helper, with stuff inside - probably wood chips - that rattled. Directions on back about how to roast roadkill on a hot manifold.

Sadly, General Mills or Cargill or whoever owns Hamburger Helper sued them and they stopped making it. Gave my box away as a gift; I wish I had it back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gag-Foods-Co-Betty-Tru...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dont you just love Ebay?