sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Love AM! Need help animating

chris11jed

G'day fellow AM users, hope we're all well...

Just a quick question from a new animating loving brother down under.

I've done all the tutorials with some success and a whole lotta fun! But now I am trying out a short animation of my own and have run into a strange thing that I am wondering how to get around.

In choreography I have dropped in "kid" and "Resolute Walk" onto a path, changing the Ease to allow him to walk down the path for a few seconds. I play back and all is well. Now, here's where I need some advice guys and girls of AM. I now at 6 frames latter wish to alter "kid"'s foot so he appears to finish the walk at a standstill. I go into the nulls and move the foot (which at the end of the walk is in mid air) to the ground, I play back and the moved foot stays still during the walk. I have tried fixing by adding keyframes and turning on/off the "A" (Animate) button as well. But nothing works!

Please tell me I have suffered a 'brain-fart' or something and have missed the most simple of things! ...ohh and don't forget to tell me how to approach the problem.

Thanks and happy frames to all from chris!!!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Basically... the new keyframe you are making for that foot inthe chor is overriding the keyframes hidden inthe action you dropped onthe character.

You need a "second chor action" to hold the new keyframes. (right click on the Actions folder in your chor>New>Choreography Action)

Here's how to add some new animation after an action:

(notice that the red bars do not overlap)

2ndChorAction.png

Robcat2075 you guru! It worked a treat! Thanks bro... As I said, the problem had to be something simple I'd overlooked. And can I say as a new user to not only AM but the forum, what a quick turn-around for the answer (to pass a bit of time I re-watched Shaun freeman (Animation Basics) and Mark Weller (Am SimCloth) on Siggraph 2005 then checked here.)

Thanks again...see ya :lol: