Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Text animation

lampy

I am looking to purchase a 3D animation program and will need to use it for text animation as well as modeling. I do not see much about text animation on the hash website and I can't seem to find a demo verison to test it out. Is AM limited as far as text is concerned?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

The images on this recently released example of the Font Wizard are pretty basic but A:M is quite powerful when it comes to text animation.

http://www.hash.com/2007web/fontwiz.htm

Anything you can do with a character you can do with text.

This includes texturing, manipulating, effects and more.

So to answer the question "Is AM limited as far as text is concerned?"

Not at all.

If there is any place where you might want to consider another application for Font Animation it would be in pre-defined text effects. A:M doesn't come with a lot of those. But its easy to create a library full of animation that you can drop onto any model (font or otherwise), fade in, fade out... grow, shrink.... change color... recieve images (i.e. decals).

There are some applications that do little more than text animation. As that is their specialty they do it quite well.

The vast array of things you can do with Text/Fonts and A:M are only limited by your imagination and the time you have to devote to the task.