Hash, Inc. Forums

National History Day: Triumph & Tragedy

For then next 2 months(about anyway), i will be working on a video for national history day. the theme for this year is triumph and tragedy. the movie i am making is a documentary on any triumph and/or tragedy i choose, the video will be a maximum of 10 mins long B) . i know what i need to do how to do it but theres only one thing....I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M GONNA DO :o !!!!! does any one know any great,not commonly known, history changing and important events? i may be asking to much there but i would like something amazing or interesting. no need to provide links or anyway thing since i need to do that my self....

http://www.nhd.org/

http://www.flheritage.com/museum/programs/historyfair/

The only idea I can think of is:

The History of the Olympics

Showing how some of the sports came about and how wars were put on hold when it was time to compete.

It also gives you the chance to put it a "Thrill of victory....agony of defeat" in there somewhere. ;)

But that might not be important/world changing enough for you.

i found a topic!!!!

Vincent Van Gogh: The Triumph and tragedy of a genius :)

Vincent_Van_Gogh.jpg

i figured i would do something based on art since I've been going though an art craze lately :wacko: . i'll be doing a butt load of research and make if all fit wonderfully in a 6 to 10 min video. what i will post here is discoveries, videos, models, animations, my logo(an animation), and parts of the final video. I'd like any suggestions on impressing the judges or some video effects i could try in animation master....