sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

1st attempt at Interacting

3DArtZ

Hey guys,

so eventually I want to make an action type short animation with the models I've made

and I figure I have to get good at action type animation between 2 or more characters.

Well, I couldn't sleep last night so I figured I'd burn off the energy by getting started on

some excersizes.

I'm certainly in no way happy about the outcome, but I figure I'd share as I always seem to get

some good feedback from everyone here.

What I did, in a nutshell, I created a bouncing fighter stance for each character and then cycled it until

the punches start getting thrown. I noticed during animation that it is sort of tuff to

show the effects of quick little actions like a fast punch, I guess over exaggeration is the key here.....

maybe in the wind up of the punch and the reaction of the recipient.

Anyway, its the first attempt. I most likely will try a different action next, but I'd like to head into it with some more info....

[attachmentid=22461]

about 650kb...

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/BoxerType.mov

punchy.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footwork!

You need some footwork there m8.

Shoulder Work!

I think you need them to bob left and right abit too.

I think the fall is pretty cool and looking forward to seeing how you develop this little flick.

Hey Gazz, thanks for the reply.

Footwork, definate. I think when I was trying a punch scene in the mirror I did not realize that if I were actually facing off withsomeone my body location would certainly be moving, even if slightly.

Noted!

Thanks!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Not overlooking the obvious issues, but just have not had a chance to change anything, I did a quick render of the fall back section from a differnet angle.

I think angles have to play a huge role in making fight scenes interesting to watch.

Even though I didn't fix the problems, jumping to a new camera angle, I feel sort of makes is

a better viewing experience....

just thinking out loud here:)

about 1.7megs

http://www.vrcops.com/Vids/BoxerType2A.mov

Hey Traj,

thanks for the comments.

I did a small amount of edits to the clip, like trying to make the head snap upon fist contact a bit more and

bounced the shoulders a bit, even though it's not exactly the bounce change I know it should have been.

But this is certainly kinda fun working through the clip.

about 1.7megs...

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/BoxerType4.mov