Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling a Head

dude

I've just realized how much I've improved since I first got animation:master.

heres my firs head :[attachmentid=20562]

Heres my second:[attachmentid=20560]

And last (what this WIP is about) my latest head:[attachmentid=20559] [attachmentid=20564]

Anyway, just lookin for comment on how to improve my latest head. :D

post-9147-1158287403_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1158287440_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1158287629_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1158287866_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Definitely showing some advancement there.

Whats neat though is that you can see the talent (and even your personal style I think) in all of your efforts.

Looking forward to seeing your work in a couple more years! :)

Keep up the great work. Your efforts are definitely paying off.

Thanks guys! :D

Heres my head so far:

[attachmentid=20594]

I started on the neck and changed and smoothed out the face.

I think his nose is a little too big.... hmmm.... I might change that later.

Anyway anyone have any ideas for improvement?

post-9147-1158343980_thumb.jpg

Holy Guacamole! You have improved tremendously! Wow! I am amazed! Seriously, I hope you keep up with all of this because with your rate of improvement you will be able to do some pretty amazing stuff in the future. Wow! That's so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cool (I got tired of typing "so," but there would be a lot more if I hadn't). That is so cool Whiz/dude, keep it up. I can't wait to see more.

-Always

Oh...suggestions...I was so mesmerized by the tremendous improvement that you have made that I didn't see that part of the post. Well there are some spots that could be smoothed down just a tad bit more...it looks like there is a little bump on the cheek but I'm not really sure...but other than that, it is amazing.

I kind of like the large nose. It could use some tweaks. But most people try to model people with ideal proportions (or exaggerated proportions, ahem); I think it's refreshing to see more realistic people being modelled.

One suggestion, maybe or maybe not helpful ... generally, there is a line or crease from the side of the nose to the far corners of the mouth. You seem to achieve this effect by having diagonal corners of 4-sided patches lower than the opposite diagonals; the patch effectively gets folded diagonally. This looks okay for a still character, but when you want to create a smile pose for the character, the lines should become sharper than what you can get by this technique.