sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Amp

Hi all

Just thought Id show you the amplifier I made for my virtual band.. any comments will be appreciated?

I am struggling to get the knobs to show up, played around with the surfaces diffuse falloff and specular size but nothing seems to work they just look like black dots,,,, acually they are modeled knobs like on a real amp,, the power light seemed to come out nicely though,,

Leo

[attachmentid=18852][attachmentid=18854]

post-9079-1154114551_thumb.jpg

post-9079-1154116842_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am struggling to get the knobs to show up, played around with the surfaces diffuse falloff and specular size but nothing seems to work they just look like black dots
Don't make them quite so black.

If you haven't done so already (it's hard to tell from these images) I suggest you bevel the edges between surfaces - instead of a sharp angle between the side of the knob and its end face, put in a curved edge. Very few edges in real life are infinitely sharp. Such a bevelled edge would improve the chances of catching specular highlights.

Also, consider adding knurling to the sides of the knobs (a serrated grip, if you like). Again, this would help the knob catch specular highlights. The knurling could be done as modelled splines, or a bump map, or as a displacement map.

Thanx for that man, I appreciate it,,

I just quickly made a decal in PS with the numbers and did a quick re-render, will try what you say,, with displacement maps, it sound like it will work,,

Leo :)