sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animate a car?

hugobossv8

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest jandals

The car's body and tires could be made on flat patches (1 for the body and 1 for each wheel) using the photo as a cookie-cut decal.

To spin the tires, just rotate the patches.

The dust could be a particle emitter; sprites, streaks or a combination of the two.

Exercise 10 in your Art of Animation Master book covers decals and Ex. 16 covers particles.

See if those get you started.

• Admin

A:M can most definitely animate images like that.

With apologies to the Ad agency that made that particular ad I submit my quick test.

Second animated gif was meant to show Choreography angle but...um... its doesn't really.

The dust looks like an image added in a plane in front of the other elements.

You could do that via an image and transparency in A:M or go the whole distance and use particle effects or dust.

Project file for this test available on request.

Most of the techniques you could use can be found in the TAoA:M Exercises.

I used Layers in this project though.

and... no... I didn't spin the tires. The speed of the animation is slowed down for better viewing too.

I may modify this and add it to the Custom Car exercise if there is any interest.

FordAd.gif

FordAd2.gif

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/Entry.php?entry=947

UNrelated...but still worth a looky. There's an 3D animated Mustang in there.

The Ford stuff is cool. To do stuff like that learn: A) Adobe After Effects B) Macromedia Flash

Flash, in version 8 (latest V) has taken a giant step toward becoming a 'web-video-compositor'.

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/Entry.php?entry=947

UNrelated...but still worth a looky. There's an 3D animated Mustang in there.

The Ford stuff is cool. To do stuff like that learn: A) Adobe After Effects B) Macromedia Flash

Flash, in version 8 (latest V) has taken a giant step toward becoming a 'web-video-compositor'.

Thanks, I know Macromedia Flash well. But I don't know Adobe After Effects very well. I'm wondering if in the Ford movie they recorded a video of the Ford mustang, or did they use a 3d program to create the car from a photo and then edit the effects in Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premier and then ultimately export it and import it into Flash.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! They are very helpful! This forum is great!!!

A:M can most definitely animate images like that.

With apologies to the Ad agency that made that particular ad I submit my quick test.

Second animated gif was meant to show Choreography angle but...um... its doesn't really.

The dust looks like an image added in a plane in front of the other elements.

You could do that via an image and transparency in A:M or go the whole distance and use particle effects or dust.

Project file for this test available on request.

Most of the techniques you could use can be found in the TAoA:M Exercises.

I used Layers in this project though.

and... no... I didn't spin the tires. The speed of the animation is slowed down for better viewing too.

I may modify this and add it to the Custom Car exercise if there is any interest.

I would definitely be interested in seeing this in the tutorial section if you are able to duplicate all of the effects exactly as in the original.

Thanks!!

• Admin
I would definitely be interested in seeing this in the tutorial section if you are able to duplicate all of the effects exactly as in the original.

Don't think that'll happen. That's too much like work.

Contract work will cost ya $250.00 an hour. ;)

We'll see what we can do though.