Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Light Mystery...

I am stumped.

Take a look at this image and see if you can figure it out. I have a camera moving through a scene but suddenly a few frames in I suddenly get this... I have checked all the lights, all the cameras and cannot see what is causing it. I am using two volumetric klieg lights, one shining directly down and the other through the doorway. Even when I turn the one pointing directly down off, I get the same problem. When it is on and the camera is out of the lights cone I still get the same problem. Is it just an anomaly? Or have I got a bug?

Anyone with any ideas about it would be most helpful :)

Light_Mystery.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this before. I think it occur when a volumetric point in about the same direction as the camera, so the "end" of the volumetric cone is visible. It seem to be related to the way Hash deal with the end of the volumetrics.

I saw this before. I think it occurs when a volumetric point in about the same direction as the camera, so the "end" of the volumetric cone is visible. It seem to be related to the way Hash deal with the end of the volumetrics.

That seems highly likely KNBits! The camera is indeed pointing in the same direction as the volumetric light. If that is the case then I am stuffed!!! I will have to think of a work-a-round...

Why is it that you almost think you are getting to the end of a project and all these little thing suddenly just pop up :angry:

c-wheeler, nah the camera is passing through nothing like glasses or bottles - Witchy Peg doesn't keep em in her broom room! :lol:

Thanks for the help boys.

That seems highly likely KNBits! The camera is indeed pointing in the same direction as the volumetric light. If that is the case then I am stuffed!!! I will have to think of a work-a-round...
Is the end of the volumetric cone within the scene? (i.e. is it between the camera and the distant wall?) If so, have you tried extending it beyond the far end of the room (you might have to play with the fall-off). I have no idea if this will work, but it must be worth a try.