Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Some new stuff

Some stuff I've been working on (linked because of image sizes):

Handcuffs:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vandeweghe/web/cuff3.jpg

Colt: (note, I used someone else's model as a base, added detail, made the parts moveable, added a clip, textured it from scratch...still a WIP)

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vandeweghe/web/colt2.jpg

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vandeweghe/web/colt3.jpg

Bathtub:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/vandeweghe/web/bathtub2.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are nice. Maybe you could donate them to the "A:M Extras II" CD?

Sorry Martin, but nope - I'm Mark's client for these models and I need to retain commercial rights... But his work does look great doesn't it!!?? BTW, the Colt 45 is based on EggProps.com's gun - Mark added the clip, and cycling actions, with appropriate internal details - as these were not in the original.

Sorry Martin, but nope - I'm Mark's client for these models and I need to retain commercial rights... But his work does look great doesn't it!!??

Karl, get your value out of the props then let Mark donate them. The A:M community needs generous contributions to remain vital. Did you see what those High School kids did with the models from "Extras CD I"? Maybe there are some models in the community that you can use?

Sorry Martin, but nope - I'm Mark's client for these models and I need to retain commercial rights... But his work does look great doesn't it!!??

Karl, get your value out of the props then let Mark donate them. The A:M community needs generous contributions to remain vital. Did you see what those High School kids did with the models from "Extras CD I"? Maybe there are some models in the community that you can use?

Martin, Can't donate the Colt 45 because it's too closely based on an EggProps.com model. With the way our contract is structured, it'd be up to me to donate (not Mark) anyway. I may eventually choose to do this, but not anytime in the next couple years anyway... I still think you'd get more high quality models in the long run if you'd create an A:M marketplace, but I'm not going to use this opportunity to bite (or criticize) the hand that's feeding me such excellent software... (tempting though it is!) :)

I still think you'd get more high quality models in the long run if you'd create an A:M marketplace

This idea comes up every now and again. It seems like it's be a winner, considering the robust Poser-based trading posts out there. But everyone who tries to do something similar for the A:M community winds up disappointed. For one thing, A:M users tend to be unusually generous, as evidenced by the Extras CD project, not to mention all the tutorials and free forum-based troubleshooting. Which makes it harder to sell stuff. The other hurdle is originality. Almost no two A:M user projects are alike, and everyone wants to create their own stuff anyway. Which is exactly what A:M is designed to enable them to do.

So, in a way, the marketplace idea is a victim of both A:M's versatility and the forum users' generosity. Not such a bad thing, really--though it would be nice to have, I agree...

I still think you'd get more high quality models in the long run if you'd create an A:M marketplace

This idea comes up every now and again. It seems like it's be a winner, considering the robust Poser-based trading posts out there. But everyone who tries to do something similar for the A:M community winds up disappointed. For one thing, A:M users tend to be unusually generous, as evidenced by the Extras CD project, not to mention all the tutorials and free forum-based troubleshooting. Which makes it harder to sell stuff. The other hurdle is originality. Almost no two A:M user projects are alike, and everyone wants to create their own stuff anyway. Which is exactly what A:M is designed to enable them to do.

So, in a way, the marketplace idea is a victim of both A:M's versatility and the forum users' generosity. Not such a bad thing, really--though it would be nice to have, I agree...

The generosity of the community in forming the community CD is admirable - but I'm not so sure that the following wouldn't work:

1. Users could try to sell any artistic product on an A:M marketplace if they want - this "marketplace" could be as simple as another Hash forum or as complex as a mini-Ebay - that'd be up to Martin.

2. If #1 doesn't work out (few or no buyers, perhaps), then at the owner's option, they could donate their artistic product to Hash, Inc for either the community or product CD. Again I think Hash should supply a Donation Agreement, just to protect 3rd party commercial use.

3. Prior to #1 - Hash, Inc. would have the option to purchase any artistic product and then incorporate it into their product CD - I know of at least 2 models (there's probably more) on the A:M product CD where such a purchase has been made by Hash.

NOTE: In order to accomodate #1 above, Hash, Inc. should also provide a standard seller contract indicating non-exclusivity, with a buyer beware statement that the owner may choose to give away the artistic product at a future date, with no refund due back to buyers. Resale of the artistic product or derivatives would be forbidden and normal (U.S.) commercial rights (not f*cked up Moral Rights in Europe and elsewhere) should be set forth in the seller contract too.