sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can't make splines

ldgilman

Not sure where I should post this, there are sssoooo many places. I did a search but got a million hits. I am probably over looking something simple, but for some reason I am unable to make splines. I hit the "a" key and get the cursor and the "+" but no splines. I have saved and closed, shut down and still no splines. I did open a fresh project and was able to create splines there, reopen my orginal project...no splines. At this point there are no decals, colors or any thing else. I have version 12t. I am creating a StarTrek look-a-like space ship. I have built 3 tubes, and was trying to creat the saucer. Any ideas or do I need to provide more info.

Many thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....what a dummy I am. I found the problem, I had some how turned off the, for lack of the correct name, "Show Splines". It is the 4th icon over in the Draw box. For some reason the names are not showing up when I put my mouse over any of the icons. At any rate my problem is resolved.

That brings up a question, is there anyplace that shows and labels every icon that A:M has???

Thanks, this has always been a terrific resource. It has certainly gotten big since I started 6 years ago.

• Hash Fellow

That brings up a question, is there anyplace that shows and labels every icon that A:M has???

My tooltips don't show up consistently either.

Tools>Customize>Commands will show every icon and a description

That tooltip thing is a windows bug. It happens in other software too.

I'm still not sure what button solved your problem. I thought splines always showed up.

BTW You stumbled into the right forum to ask this. There are really only two main forums you need...the AM forum....and new users forum. Other forums are more advanced and categoised by features etc.

Incidently, you can browse all forums together with this link. It's much quicker. Also you know you can click on the red envelope things at the side of the thread name to get directly to the point you haven't read inside that thread.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=S...opics&lastdate=