• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can check your toolbar setttings from the following menu:

Tools->Customize->Toolbars. Verify there is a check next to the "Menu Bar"

If this doesn't help you can reset all the toolbars to default be deleting the following registry key:

Regedit hkey_current_user/software/hash inc/animation master 12.0/toolbars

I do not know what you mean because the first thing you said "Tools->Customize->Toolbars" is the part of the menu bar that is missing so I can not click on it. Second "Regedit hkey_current_user/software/hash inc/animation master 12.0/toolbars" has so many parameters I do not now where to look.

I do have a copy of Version 11.1 and the menu bar is still there. Look at this image.

post-8231-1140332435_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure how to help, but you could try these keyboard shortcuts and see if it gets you to the menus:

Alt+f = File menu

Alt+p = Project menu

Alt+v = View menu

Alt+t = Tools menu

ALt+h = Help menu

If you can get to the Tools menu in particular then you could choose Customize... and try hitting the Reset button for the Toolbars. The only other thing I notice is that the main menu bar is movable, is it possible it was moved somehow and is now on the left, bottom, or right, or hidden behind another sub-window?

-Jim

I can get to the Tools menu and click in Costomize the give me some choice boxes but when I close it the check for menu bar will not reset.

The menu bar I am trying to get back is standard Menu that is in every program and Browers and it was in by AM program until resently. I must have click it off by accident. But I don't know how.

• Admin
I can get to the Tools menu and click in Costomize the give me some choice boxes but when I close it the check for menu bar will not reset.

If you can get to the Help menu (by using ALT H or the proper shortcut key) you should probably select 'Reset Settings' or whatever it is labeled. Restarting A:M after that might get you going again.

I guess it is possible that you mearly undocked the menu and it is hiding off screen...

• Admin
Did anyone look at the attached thumbnail above to see what I am talking about?

Yup. That is why I suggest using Alt H to bring up the Help Menu Options Panel (not related to F1/Help).

If you can reset you can probably get your menu back.

Rodney

I can access the Toolbar option panel by right clicking in a blank area in the AM Icon menu bar that give me. Veiw ? Toolbars > Customize...

but it will not reset.

Alt-H just makes my project window be able to slide around on the desktop.

I tried saving my project in V 11.1 hoping it would remember the settings but when I start V12.0t it still does not remember the default settings.

Are there any factory presets?

• Admin

I'm not sure what the shortcut key would be. Alt H should bring up the Help Menu with the reset option though. Perhaps you had your window selected and it overrode that option.

I also don't know about the View/Toolbars side of things.

I'd have to run home and check A:M for specifics.

If you Right Click in the space the menu bar should be in there should be a Customize option.

From there you should be able to Reset or check the menu.

If I make it back here tonight after going home I'll post what I find...

I just got it back.

I had to RUN: regedit and look at

"Regedit hkey_current_user/software/hash inc/animation master 12.0/toolbars"

What WillP said earlier. But he was not clear on what to delete in that folder. So I just Deleted it all. Now i have the very first configuation. That gives that menu bar back.