sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

surface constraints

johnl3d

tried out surface constraint ..still have to figure out a few things but it works great

[attachmentid=12630]

this was done by just moving aiming bone in an action ...added some dynamic constraints to get some secondary action...just a bit too fast..but follows the surface

here's the project

[attachmentid=12632]

wireframe view

[attachmentid=12633]

surface.mov

surf.zip

surf2.mov

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used surface constraints a couple of times, most recently as part of a mechanism for keeping the top surface of a bottle of water touching the sides of the bottle regardless of the bottle's orientation.

One of my early experiments with surface constraints was a gin-and-tonic's view of ice cubes and a slice of lemon (QT7 285kB). I don't recall the details, but the surface of the gin used cloth (and a mirror finish to avoid having to throw in a background) which was then distorted as ice cubes dropped in. Once the cloth simulation was set, the ice cubes were replaced with other ice cubes which, after the initial drop, had a surface constraint to allow them to bob up and down with the surface.