Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Taking the plunge into animation

I finaly decided that it was time to tackle all those scary things like constraints and channels and get down to some animating. So I'm sort of going through the animation bootcamp setup. So here's a first animation with a ball. Pretty basic. Please critique as harshly as you want, especially with timing and weight and just whether the ideas, as simple as they may be, are comunicated or not. Thanks!

http://media.putfile.com/helium35

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, makes you wanna root for that little guy. On his last jump, two things I might have done: 1. The last jump is too high in comparison to the first two - make him hop up to the helium bottle ledge first. 2. When he does take the last jump, he seems to jump straight up and then at the top of his jump seems to change direction toward the top of the bottle. Make the last jump with a nice uninterrrupted trajectory.

For a first try at animation, it's better than I could have done. Keep it up.

• Hash Fellow

That was cute. I wanted to frame thru it to diagnose some things but I dont have a player that can single frame a divx avi.

The best practice for this sort of test is to do it in quicktime and with a regular quicktime codec. That would be Sorenson 3. the slight additional compression of a 3rd party codec is lost if someone can't actually watch it. I do have divx installed, but divx quicktimes still don't play.

For your next test. ;)