Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Moon Rocket

This is my rendition of the New NASA moon rocket.

The idea came from the NASA website under the heading "How we'll return to the moon."

It's very informative with a great animation. Some of you may wish to check it out.

As far as my model uis concerned it's patch intensive (Slightly more than 7500) and my computer is slowing down. I'll have to find a way around that beause it's hardly finished.

Ed

post-2055-1129673804_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very "pro" looking. Are the ridges on it modelled in geometry? If so, they could probably be bump or displacement maps. Too late now though I'd say.

You could model bits of the model in other windows and then bring them into your main model window to try to reduce the strain on the computer.

Ken:

Most of the model is geometery, with only four or five bump maps. The circular ridging has all been modeled, resulting in the high number of patches. That's because I'm not very good with Bump and displacement map procedures. I still haven't learned how to use the flatten procedure. Your approach obviously is adviseable.

Kamikaze:

No plans really. Just the challengeof trying to model somethibng. Animation is a thought, but I'd have to do some remodelling to reduce patches, or it would take forever.

Ben:

I've seen your work on the site and am very, very impressed. You really have a future with this stuff.

Lizard:

Maybe, when it's finished.

Dan:

Yes, it does look baloon like, but I think that's due to the camera angle. In the model below you'll see, the proportions are the same as the NASA comparison ( which I used to get my proportions.) The one outlined in the green background is my model..

Ed

post-2055-1129727144_thumb.jpg

Ed, I really like the ship. But for some reason it looks to me, like some one could pull it apart at the middle. Almost like a toy. But not to discourage you, the model is great. I really like how you modified it from the original, shows alot of imagination and creativity. Great work

James

Ed, I really like the ship. But for some reason it looks to me, like some one could pull it apart at the middle. Almost like a toy. But not to discourage you, the model is great. I really like how you modified it from the original, shows alot of imagination and creativity. Great work

James

Thanks you James. Actually it does come apart at the Middle. Theres a great animation on the Nasas site. Take a look, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/cev/CEVedit2.mov

enter

Wait... Ed I'm confused.

Did you make the animation or did you just rebuild the rocket?

Either way the rocket it looks great, but for some reason I'm reading that you did not

make the animation, you just saw it on the NASA site.

Is this right?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Wait... Ed I'm confused.

Did you make the animation or did you just rebuild the rocket?

Either way the rocket it looks great, but for some reason I'm reading that you did not

make the animation, you just saw it on the NASA site.

Is this right?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

No Mike. I certainly DIDN"T make the animation. I wish I had the Talent. I merely wanted to bring the animation to the attention of those interested.

I did make a COPY of the model, based on information I received from the NASA site.

Ed