sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Another bike part done.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would also lighten the tire a little.  Where's the rest of the modeled parts?

Alittle everywhere.

I'm about to make the frame (w/ handelbars, cables, cranks) and the Fork (w/ hub, axels).

I got a Bone system for the rear suspension and I'm done with the rear shock.

Ohh, I forgot that the sprockets aren't done yet either.

Love it! The knobbies are great and I also like the small detail around the axle nut. Are the spoke a little thick, or is that just my imagination?

Can't wait to see more. Good job.

If you compare usual spokes with DH spokes you'll find that they are 2x as thick.

That is why they are rather thick. :)

I've been a week in Greece (?) on the island Crete and I've become abit rusty so I'm off to make the fork and post in when it is done.

And if someone is making a bike with rear suspension and need a bone system for it, tell me. I got the linkage for Specialized, Iron Horse and Kona!

And thanks for the comments.

//Korken

I know its a bit late for this thought, but on my bike (next to my computer so its handy to look at, on the axel hub the spokes alternate in and out, on yours all of the spokes face the same way which is why you have varying length angle sections at the hub.

Of course my bike is not a downhill racer, it is a simple commuter bike. The details are increadable and your work looks top notch. Another thing I noticed as I rode this morning was how the tires go flat on the bottom, even with plenty of air pressure, but that is probibly more detail than you would want to mess with ;-)

About the spokes, there are 2 types of spoke mounts the usual type (yours) and a quick fit spoke. The difference is that the one that are longer on one side are abit thicker (I have the same thickness) at the mount. And I thought "Who knows?" so I used the same length all the way. I think it look almost like the real deal. And I got a DH bike beside me. :D

//Korken