Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Texas Ranger Badge/Star

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brother is a professional photograher. He used to have a photography business in Malta but moved back to the states (Texas) and is starting a studio there (Big Star Studios) Just working on a couple ideas for things he can use on his webpage (company logo/spinning 3D elements) He was looking for an old historic Texas Ranger badge with his company name on it instaed. I think he might be better off just taking some high quality pictures and manipulating them though;)

Seven - I was just doing a quick test and used the basic light setup. I'm new to skylights but gave it a quick try. It took a long time to render and it looks a bit flat. I'll have to experiment more.

Untitled.jpg

Seven - I was just doing a quick test and used the basic light setup. I'm new to skylights but gave it a quick try. It took a long time to render and it looks a bit flat. I'll have to experiment more.

Have you had a look in my Skylights tutorial?

I have one on Radiosity too!

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15989

And there is the Radiosity Forum of course!

Erict2575 - Thanks and the center is not a 5-point patch only where 5 different splines meet.

Mike sanderson - I tried boolean and some letters worked and some just stenciled through seeing all the way through without any inner geometry. I tried modeling the text but it was tricky on a curved surface. I'll keep plugin away and I'll post if I get anywhere.

Zaryin - Normal maps might work. I'm having problems getting smooth transitions with the normal map plugin. I know it can be done though! Emilio Le Roux got good results over at

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...1&hl=normal+map

and zenpsycho did a fabulous job on his own.