Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Water drop character

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe there is a very little transparency to the model. I am guessing i need to add a little more.

I was also thinking about flipping normals (so they point inward) and perhapse adding a blobby material effect so the inside is liquidy (of course i'd need the transparency higher then too

I'm glad you like it. Sharing with a few people teh comments I was getting from almost all of them were 'smurfy'.

-Larry B

I was planning to do that as soon as I figure out how dynamic constraints work.

a confusing thing is that the constraint is asking for a target like the other constraints and i thought it just would bob along without being connected to interact with another bone.

This is probably the first character that survived. I have many others that are now in my graveyard of characters.

The waterdrop has also been the first attempt at smartskinning and will probably be used to start animation training from. 3D is very time consuming. It would be nice to find timesaving tips and ways to automate tasks.

anyways back to the digital drawing tablet.

-Larry B

Droplet needs to be even more than little transparent... 80 - 90 % I would guess...

Dynamis constraint works this way- make chain of bones in the model window, sellect their appropriate CP's and then, in action, pose or choreography right click - new constraint - dynamic constraint - then coose last bone of the chain... voila!

You may need some tweaking to do with the dynamic constraint and there is amazing educational film on the AM films (easiest way to find it would be latest info on this forum)

Cool and cute character - keep us posted

Drvarceto

That is one cool water droplet, i must admit. The only concern I might have is that the feet don't seem quite symmetrical to me. The left one looks as if it's an elf shoe with a small pointed tip (which I am enjoying very much) while the right one seems more rounded at the edge. Perhaps it's the placement of the toes you were thinking of? Otherwise it's pretty damn awesome.

Cheers! :P

That is one cool water droplet, i must admit. The only concern I might have is that the feet don't seem quite symmetrical to me. The left one looks as if it's an elf shoe with a small pointed tip (which I am enjoying very much) while the right one seems more rounded at the edge. Perhaps it's the placement of the toes you were thinking of? Otherwise it's pretty damn awesome.

Cheers! :P

he's probably rigged the guy...and posed his toes ?

Cheers!  :P

he's probably rigged the guy...and posed his toes ?

Yeah probably. That was kind of what I was thinking. Meh, thought I'd say something just in case. :)

Hello again:

I have a posted update. but first, the feet are smartskinned. the one is rotated up the other is pointed down slightly. just to give a 2-views of the feet.

I have turned up transparency as many were saying, and thanks to Martin I also tried to make it a little see-through. I had trancparency to 100% yet reflectivity was too high to let a see-through apperance.

So, here is the new and slightly improved water droplet (not as many pass-rendered though)

post-7-1121911669.jpg

Larry,

I think you have a nice successful yet simple character. It is a good lesson for me to look at. Thanks.

He looks a little dark to me in that pic, but i guess he's transparent and the floor is dark so that will happen. I'd like to see him tested in different enviroments.

I am looking forward to see what you do with animating this guy. Looks like a lot of fun.

peace :)