My Final

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The lighting is good. The bricks could use a bit of grunging up, and those corners.... A displacement map would take some of the sharpness out of the corners. Some roundness would help too. except for the corners, this is a great image. (I confess, I've ben guilty of razor sharp corners myself...)

It's looking much better, Ben, but I have to agree about the corners.

The first thing to sort out is the alignment of the bricks. The way the maps are aligned at present makes it look like there are bricks of various sizes. Some as thin as half an inch, (12.7mm), which you would never find in a real wall. Align your brick maps with the corner and add a bump map to the mix to indent the mortar areas. Align the maps so that you have one full brick on top of one half brick.

Just a suggestion to help make this very nice composition more believable. :)

Nice composition, has lot of atmosphere...

I have to agree about corners and size of the bricks... they scream: something is not right! other that that, it could pass as allmost photorealilstic...

Drvarceto

p.s alignemt of the textures and some displacement might do the trick (note: displacement maps should be used on the dense mesh)