Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

BEER! Now that I have your attention...

I like to balance a little good news with a little bad news...

THE BAD: Here is an example of the 'render anomoly' where my shadows 'pop' and I am wondering if anyone gets this upon rendering animations.

THE GOOD: BEER! I recently modeled and animated a nice glass of beer!

TO SEE the GOOD and BAD: Roll over my avatar and you will see a button to play the avatar full quicktime.

THE BEER: The cool stuff with the beer (still dinking with it) is the bubbles and the auto gravity pose and the empty pose. For the bubbles, I made two :15 animations in AdobeAfterEffects of rising bubbles with an alpha. I then applied those cookie-cut style to geometry cut and paste inside of the glass. For the auto-gravity...I made the top layer (foam) of the beer have its own bone, and gave that bone an 'aim-at' to a null that is above the glass, so now no matter how the glass gets tipped, the beer on top stays level! For the 'EMPTY' pose slider, I just adjusted the geometry every 10% to 100% until it is gone at 100%...I also made it (the Beer and Foam) disappear from 90% to 100%. The two poses don't work so good together, so I will need further adjustment...perhaps SmartSkin but that will limit the direction in which the glass can be tipped.

The glass has some refractive density which I just used 'ice' from a free set of materials I forget where I downloaded from (darktree?) A MAJOR render slower-downer but glass just doesn't look right without it. What else...oh yeah...the GIRL! The cool thing about her is that I used the 'Sphereize' plug-in to model her 'thingies' and then gave each a 'dynamic' bone...whoo-hoo!

I will be fixxing the glitches in this so if you come -in late and don't see the render-anomolies...sorry.

TO SEE the animation: Roll over my avatar and you will see a button to play the avatar full quicktime.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off...

I desperately wanted some "floating" particles or bubble type stuff in my bag of goop a while back (last mechanical image contest).

I will have a closer look at your technique and see if it would work for me. I also will look at the trick with the foam! This is what I was trying to do with the goop as well... just a little different.

Second...

Did Miss-demeanor get a... reduction? Or is this... uh... her less endowed younger sister?

I like this one... she is less... uh... distracting... ;)

Small tip on the avatar link

You may want to have that link load into a blank window. All links on the forum load a second window by default... which I have become quite use to... so... I closed the window after the animation loaded... but this closed the main window... just a small thing but it might cause irritation... if it does cause irritation talcum powder also comes in handy.

p.s. goo, poop, loop, goof are all in my spell check library... but goop is not. I don't understand the world.

Vernon "Hic...... hic" Zehr

John- That's a great method for bubbles...I'll have a look at that---THANKS!

HeyVern- That's a distant cousin of Ms.D Yes, a lot smaller...but her 'mamms' were generated with the sphereize plugin so you KNOW I toyed with the 'bigger'---'more bigger'----'bigger still' idea.

Andy- Yes, caustics are on. The transparency of the beer is tricky. It's the same model but it looks too opaque in the fore and background instances and too transparent in the smaller instance the model is holding. hmmm!

Mr. Jage- THANKS!

BTW---I am STILL being plagued with my render anomoly and from the sounds of it, I am the only one experiencing this crap. Today I am rerendering the glitchy frames, and some of them...even after rerendering 4 or 5 times do NOT want to render right...then all of a sudden they do. It's almost as if something is passing in front of the light (a ghost?) on those frames. Me perplexxed!

John,

It's almost like the light turns off for the one frame in the QT (maybe more in real rendering?... you said "rerender frameS") I don't think it's a "ghost" I think a light turns off... Now, keep in mind I don't have a current version to play with and try to understand, is it possible a slider for a light inadvertently slides down in one frame... or that you started keying with that one light down and that frame got stuck in the middle? Can you check light sliders for each frame? (Or tell the lighting guy to stay out of the way?)

I agree with VZ on this...

Small tip on the avatar link

You may want to have that link load into a blank window. All links on the forum load a second window by default... which I have become quite use to... so... I closed the window after the animation loaded... but this closed the main window... just a small thing but it might cause irritation... if it does cause irritation talcum powder also comes in handy.

I was looking at the ani and closed its window and was booted out of the forum cause I didn't use my back key... Minor frustration... but

Respectfully,

Charlie

Vern---Oakchas... Thanks for pointing that out. I made an adjustment in Flash and my avatar movie 'should' pop-open in it's own window now and from now on.

Yes...it's the lighting guy. I fired him. No, I don't have any sliders or keyframes assigned the lights. Once I am done rendering, I go thru the animation, make a list of all the bad frames (in a 10 sec seq there will typically be 20-25 baddies) and then rerender those frames only. THEN, I go thru again, to see out of the rerenders which ones need to be RErerendered....it's a pain in the ASS!

John - I've experienced something similar - in that I couldn't get it to render correctly with a continous frame range render - and had to rerender frames separately. BUT I was using sprite system particles (that were puking all over the place) - Are you using blobbies? (not boobies, we know you're using those :P ). Maybe it's a similar problem...

Also I'm wondering do you have an aim at constraint (or some other constraint)going on for the light? Tho I don't know why it would make a difference in render sequence - but perhaps some channel computation is producing over/underflow when interpolated (quaternions?)

Shadow...

roll your mouse cursor over the bottom half ofhis avatar, click on it. you will get the mov. use the back button on your browser when done or log in again

Charlie

No, I mean this frame. It's only in his avatar version.

post-7-1116646601.jpg

Oh wow! Thats weird! Thats an Avatar of mine from about 3 months ago ( I change them frequently) I don't know why your browser isn't refreshing to current images. Maybe try hitting 'refresh' or 'reload current page' button...

Oh wow! Thats weird! Thats an Avatar of mine from about 3 months ago ( I change them frequently) I don't know why your browser isn't refreshing to current images. Maybe try hitting 'refresh' or 'reload current page' button...

I can see your animating one just fine. This frame appears right around where the animation loops the second time. It is followed by a pure white frame, and the the rest of the animation. It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering what it was.