sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animation (particle test)

I have made this little animation. It is my first attemt on using particles. BUT, when rendering this, A:M crashes when the particles are visual on the frame, it even crashes when I use 'render lock mode'..... Is this an common problem (software or hardware?). The animation is rendered in shaded mode :(

soundunc_Custom.mov

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Stian,

Great fun!

I'm not very educated on the ins and outs of A:M particles.

I haven't heard of the problems you are experiencing though.

Are you rendering out to TGA or a movie format?

... ... ... :o ... ... Wow!

With that said, again, wow, really cool. The OnLY iffy thing I noticed, was that the flames were "hanging off" the other shuttle. If you've ever seen a burning object going down, it usually looks like it's beeing cosumed by the flames, not followed.

Thanks for the comments.

Darn, I still have problems on rendering! Don't know why.

Before I send it to A:M reports, can anyone test the project, and let me know if it does render or not? also try 'render lock mode'. Test it on frame 22:10, but I'll guess the problem is on the most of the frames where there is particles.

Remember to set 'Draw Particles/Hair' to 'on'

Regards

Stian

fly.zip

• Admin

Stian,

Downloaded and rendering a test...

You may want to zip your image files in with the project as they are missing from the project. In the meantime I've substituted some random images on my end.

Testing...

Stian- Very nice work. If I may comment, the opening camera shot makes it appear that the "carriages" are moving and is a little disorienting in the first moments. Other than that the movement in general is a little slow.

Sorry I can't help test the particles. Good luck with this, it's a great start.

• Admin

Stian,

My initial tests aren't promising.

A:M apparently closed on my first render wiht frame 271 being the last successful frame. I was rendering to LOW setting just to see if it would render through.

Rendering one frame with particles (cannot recall the exact frame) ended with a fully rendered frame... however it was strangely cropped to include mostly sky... with no particle area shown. I need to check this again to see if rendering in the background had anything to do with it.

Realtime met with a reintroduction to my desktop.

I can continue but there are much smarter people than me out there.

Perhaps this file should go to Hash Inc (with images) for testing.

Best,

Rodney

A:M apparently closed on my first render wiht frame 271 being the last successful frame. I was rendering to LOW setting just to see if it would render through.

Rendering one frame with particles (cannot recall the exact frame) ended with a fully rendered frame... however it was strangely cropped to include mostly sky... with no particle area shown. I need to check this again to see if rendering in the background had anything to do with it.

Thanks for your time Rodney.

Your result are exactly what I experience. Darn!

Yupp, up and away with the project to A:M report

agep, could only check the pic tonight. Man, that is a really cool craft design. Very inspiring. Love the textures too. Good job. I like the sign you put under the craft. Nice detail. My only suggestion is the canopy white frame looks too much like um..duct tape to me. Maybe some discoloration/blemish or texture there? Other than that I really like it :)