Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cloth collisions

So, has anyone figured out cloth yet?

I have an animation to finish off for someone else and cloth is holding me up right now. I don't want to spend too much longer messing with it to hopefully discover the magic formula.

I have made a simple test object with a cape and tested cloth sim in A:M versions 10.5, 11.0t and 11.1f. I still can't get collision detection to work. Any clues? This is pretty urgent! :blink:

In the attached movie the top two tests are done in 10.5 and 11.0t. The bottom two are both in 11.1f. As you can see collision detection doesn't appear to be working. Does anyone have it working?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all done in the choreography. The cloth just sticks straight out of his back (as in the first frame) until the simulation. This was mocap, but if I hand-animated, I would have just hid it until it was ready to go.

cloth in the earlier versions aint that bad, ive managed to drop a piece of cloth on an object (a head) and have it slide somewhat smoothly off it, gotten hoods to work as well. though they usualy end up getting stuck somewhere sooner or later anyway... :/