Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Seeing Johnl3D's Opus inspired me to start working on mine again. I'm still bothered by creases, but I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm getting the hang of splining. Still don't have the mouth done, but I've made some progress.

Here are some pics.

This is kind of a fake; I'm only doing half and will CFA when it's closer to being done. I just put two instances of the model in the chor and scaled one of them -100 on the x axis.

post-7-1113372189.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>This is kind of a fake; I'm only doing half and will CFA when it's closer to being done. I just put two instances of the model in the chor and scaled one of them -100 on the x axis.

Can you tell me what I am possibly doing wrong?

Nice model, hope you are going to animate him soon. Are you using the setupmachine?

;>) Jake

Ack! Thptht!

Maybe the Meadow Party isn't dead...

Thanks for the compliments and crits. I'll update this post with progress. I hope to have him finished and rigged within the next 2 weeks, just depends on my free time.

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an Opus Update:

I finished the main body and head, did a CFA, and Opus is now whole! I resized and tweaked his feet, shaped his face and added a mouth (which still needs a lot of work). Added the bow tie and collar, too, and gave him some hands.

Thanks to Chris Thom's inspiration, he now has constrained-to-surface pupils.

The modeling's nearly done; time to tackle the rigging. I hope to be animating by next weekend.

Here's a pic:

post-7-1114411524.jpg

Another update. I finally broke down and bought The Setup Machine - should have done that a long time ago. Anyway, here's something besides the default "T"-pose. Still have a lot to do: Smart Skin, tweak the mouth, create some poses, etc. before I can animate him.

Quick question: does anyone know if you can change CP assignments after rigging with TSM?

post-7-1114671699.jpg