Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Heavy object movie.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When he first grabs the object then starts to "pull"... there would be some indication of resistance. His arms would extend as he pulls with his body before the object starts to lift.

I think then there would be some indication of the weight of the object being transfered to his back and legs as the object gets lifted by his arms and settles back... maybe he staggers back some more and his knees "buckle" a little in reaction to the weight.

He appears to throw the object at the end. If this is the case, I think he would stagger backwards more in response to the force of the release.

Over all, it lacks a sense of weight. But it is a good start.

Vernon "!" Zehr

If the character knows the object is heavy there should be some anticipation before he begins to pick it up. Think about the olympics when they lift heavyweights--they bend down and keep readjusting their hands and bending their arms and legs.

With the way he is picking it up he is just grabbing it and leaning back.

OSHA will be calling you--he's lifting with his back--not his legs--and without a back brace

As he begins to fall back his right leg should straighten a little bit as he tries to regain his balance.

His left leg should hit the ground then he should fall lower slightly as the character tries to steady himself. A bounce if you will. Think about when you jump and land. Your feet land and then your legs bend and your muscles try to slow you down--then you straighten back up.

He looks as though he is trying to throw the object as he comes forward. If this is the case I think he should bend back slightly before he comes forward. And, his right leg should straighten more--otherwise he might drop the hefty object on his toe (at least that's what he might think). Right now his right leg on the forward motion is just swiveling on the ankle.

The timing seems too constant. He bends--he grabs--he leans back--he leans forward--no pause no break no acceleration/deceleration. Depending on how motivated he is to pick this thing up the beginning should be faster (psyching himself up) or slower (dreading the back pain). The initial motion of the pickup should be slow and steady then as the object reaches the apex of its arc it should starting speeding up (which is why he needs to catch himself). Then once his left foot is down it should slow again (as he starts to steady himself). Then he uses the coil and tension of his muscles to start the forward motion to toss the thing back down.

Hope that helped and wasn't too vague. B)

J

• Admin

*Edit: I'm getting the same thing as you now Robcat.

Strange... I got the first one but all others are the 'no hotlinking' message downloaded as a movie file. Maybe we are running into more than one issue here... one of which is a bandwidth problem.

Keeping at it I can see the movie once by refreshing the page... but this works only once.

Guest jandals

I've got Firefox and I just click the links and the movies come up... Not stumping for FF but I thought I'd add that to the collective.

1) I think his back step is too slow. If it's really heavy he'd want that foot on the ground as much as possible. He seems a little too lazy as he takes the weight on.

2) On the pick-up, his arms are straight too much of the time. He reaches out and I like that but then when he "grabs" the thing I wish the hands would REALLY stick to it and that his elbows would bend a little before he lifts it up. The shoulder movement is a nice touch

3) On the release, his chest should rush up to the "box" (so the elbows bend again) before he throws it. Does that make sense? It does to me...

I say "should" a lot but it's just my idea of showing weight.

Cool stuff,

Rhett

I only watched perspective2, but the biggest faux pas I see is that his back needs to arch the other way once he has the weight picked up, with the transition arched forward to back being a little quicker than the pickup or setdown portion. With the spine arched backwards you will really visually feel the weight he is carrying.

eric