sprockets Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Space Marine WIP

Well you won't see the space marines till the Image contest but here is his primary weapon - the Boltgun (modified - somewhere between Blur's version and the actual models version)

No decals yet - it's all geometry with working magazine and projectiles (ie the projectile and casings are separate geometry) and the casings fly out the ejection port (once I build the appropriate actions)

Any comments, ideas for improvement most welcome. Patch count for the gun is 6,380. My marines are 12,000 each - so far (and the gun is a separate model)

BoltGun.jpg

Wireframe view:

BoltGunSide0.jpg

Cheers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! The eagle head is the wrong way round on one of the sides(probably the top one). The colours look abit inconsistent......the green bit is all worn, yet the black and red look new. Of course, it's a wip....

Is the rust a bought material or did you make it?

PS It seems a tad bit too stubby. The handles seem too close together.

No - the eagle heads are geometry (font wizard).

Yes one is facing the wrong way - I'll flip the one on the non ejection port side to face forward - good pickup :)

The basic design is modelled from the Warhammer Wargear book picture. I'll adjust it's size once I rig it with the marines holding it. In all likelihood I may just slide the pistol grip back. The Boltgun is a bulky/stubby weapon considering it is just a sort of missile launcher and needs to be capable of taking small weapon and hand weapon hits (ie used as a shield from Axe or Sword strikes) and still be operational.

The 'black' barrel is gun metal - ie not a painted surface - heat and oil mean it won't rust. When you say colours are inconsitant is it my use of green, yellow, red and black? The red bits are the weapon safeties. I could make hem the gunmetal colour (I'm not very good with colour). My Marines armour is red with yellow trim. I did originally colour the gun red but it just looked 'too much' when added to the Marines.

Colour ideas most welcome here.

The rust is just a standard DT material - there are two varieties used - Rusty Paint (Tweaked) and Rusty Steel (as is). For the barrel I used a tweaked version of Brushed Aluminium.

Cheers