Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"The Stuck Door Project"...part 1 (WIP)

So I am getting a little carried away. With A:M its very easy too!

After doing "It's a Pitch" by the book, I thought "Wow, this is cool!" So, I just had to do some elaboration on this one. I am getting ahead of my self in many ways, but that drives the learning. Now I need to figure out how to switch to the 2nd camera for the next shot. I have it set up to aim at the rabbit for his walk to the door, but haven't figured out how to keyframe a camera switch.

http://www.bitterjewelerfilms.com/Stuck%20Door.wmv

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, as far as 2 cameras goes, theres a way around it. Set the interpolation method for the camera keys to stepped tangentsZ and then set keys for your camera. When you get to the point where you need it to switch camera angles, first, select the camera and set a key on the frame before it needs to move. Then, on the next frame, reposition the camera to where it needs to be and set another key. Its not the best method to use for a long animation with lots of camera changes, but its good for small projects like this one.

SeanC.

Ok I did some tweaking today. I found the Graph editor in the PWS Timeline, Wow is that a nice feature! Using that I got rid of the "popping" ears right before he leans forward. I slowed down the lean forward and I added some slight head movement. Oh yeah I made the eyes look like mine in the morning. I am much happier with it now. It makes him a little less stiff. I may not be following the exercises exactly, but I learn well this way. And possibly faster.

@jamagica,

Thanks, I like the lighting but I dunno about the shadows...seems like there are too many or something.

Paul, Sean:

The camera, Hmmm...choices. Paul, your way is the quickest. Sean, your way will teach me something....What to do....

Thanks for your input!

Ok, heres the tweaked file, sans titles.

Stuck_Door.mov

After a lot of frustration...Here is what I have so far. I am finally at the door. :huh: I had a lot of problems trying to use stock actions. When I applied "yawn" it would twist the rabbits arms inside itself and apply the action from the begining of the whole Cho. Same problem with trying to apply a walk cycle. So I decided to cut-scene, and deleted the old rabbit, and inserted a new one and then the walk cycle would work. The "exhausted" walk was wierd, I think because it was intended for a taller model. So I used my bouncy walk. After 9 hours of rendering, I noticed I didn't do anything with the eyes. So much to think about. I will probably fix that and re-render.

I haven't had a response to this thread Multi CPU support about dual processors, so i still don't know why A:M only uses 50% of my resources.

I am still finding this fun, and am off to actually do the stuck door part. I know my animation is still a little jumpy, but hey I think its ok for a first go of it! I see so many other fluid animations and I fear that I will never achieve that. But I will keep plugging away....

Stuck Door 2Mb

:unsure: Feel free to criticise, as that adds to the learning.