Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CAPE WITHOUT CLOTH 2

OK. Givin' up on the cape for now. It's just NOT in the cards for a long haired character...not in motion anyway. My cape had 3 layers of dynamic chains, and looked a LOT more active in the app than it does after render, what happens to all that cool secondary motion?

I'll post my test in the WIP forum because this one will not allow attachments.

Basicly, I rendered it 2 ways: WITH collision detection and WITHOUT. With CD the cape bounced off the hair repeatedly and sprang and recoiled furiosly out of control. Without CD, as in this test post, the hair simply passes thru the cape.

An interesting side note: I saw 'THE INCREDIBLES' last night. They sort of cover the whole superhero-cape thing in a humorous light. What an UNbelievably COOL movie that was! TOP NOTCH! 3D feature animation has come a LONG WAY since Toy Story. Go see it. Don't wait for it on DVD, see it projected.

cape.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

I think you could fix this by posing the hair, if it has dynamic constraints as well. just fan the bones out so that the hair stays higher when it animates. It works great.

Same with the cape.. if it bounces to high.. just tweek the bones down and increase the stiffness or decrease the range of motion.

Looks cool though.. for my part I've avoided flattening the animation and just let it figure it out on the fly. not sure why, but its worked so far. I'll admit my tests have been a little more basic than this, but from what I can see of this.. it should be easy to correct.

C