Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ride Herbie Ride!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

That's a nice scene and cute character. And I like the lighting too. You should get him over to the Animation Showdown

How about a fish jumping out of the water and following him around? :D

Did you use fog to tone the background down? That really helps give this shot depth.

The relative scale of the various elements is a bit ambiguous, but I won't ponder that too much. ;)

I'm surprised that even though he's constantly turning there's no apparent sideways slipping of either wheel. That's a good detail.

I'm surprised that even though he's constantly turning there's no apparent sideways slipping of either wheel.

I was struck by that as well. Very nice job.

All the technical aspects of it seemed spot on to me.

I'll vote for some action in the pool also. Seems allot of real estate to be static.

That's only a small crit though.

Great work.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot. I really worked hard on this. I know it's not perfect but it's the best I can do so far. I had to make compromises on the pond, but since a few people have given me suggestions on how to improve it. I may go back and fix it at some point but for now I'm moving on to other things.

I'm happy that you guys liked the lighting, I really went through a lot of trouble to get it right, and it took a looooong time.

I have to thank the folks at #hash3d irc channel for all their help, and I got a lot of help from them.

Thanks for commenting :D

Super job!

There's something slightly off in the timing/balance of the rider. I think the lean of the bike should happen at the same time as the body shift side to side, in the opposite direction. That's really nitpicking, though - it's pretty believable as is.