sweep plug-in

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats guys.

It was pretty easy. When I created the sweep model, the shape I got by using the font wizard and deleting the back half. Then for the extruding path I just created a straight spline with enough cp's for the cross sections to make a nice curve when animated. Then used the sweep plug-in. After that I boned each cross section, bones should not be attached to each other. Drag the model into the choreography and create a curved path. Constrain the bones to the path. Set the eases for each constraint to 0% or close to it (so they don't overlap) on frame 0 and turn off store roll. Then on the last frame set the ease for the first bone and the last bone to 0% and 100% ease and adjust the in-betweens to create a nice even curved shape. If you want it to follow like I did in the first clip, when you set the eases for the nice curve, just do that on say frame 15, then on frame 30 set the eases to 100% for all of them or close to it so they don't overlap. That's it. I hope I made myself clear enough to follow along. If you any questions about it or problems just post it here.

Thanks Emilio.

I'm not a very good modeler, so any help I can get to make things easier is a big plus. Your pic of the window with all that detail was amazing. Trying to model that would be a nightmare for me. And your pic of the sweep with the curve gave me the idea for this.

• 2 weeks later...