Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

lightning test

Hi everybody

Brandon's plasma ball gave me some ideas for a lightning model with sliders that control different strikes. I plan on adding a light to the model for the light flashes that's keyed to the strike within the same slider. Right now I justed keyed the light in the choreography. Here's the test movie.

Any suggestions welcome.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice.

Crit Mode:

the lightning is too purple. Lightning has more of a white center with light blue on the edges.

While the lightning is visible the light illuminating the house is blinking too much.

End Crit

The effect is excellent though.

• Admin

Very nice effect!

That sure seems like an effect everyone should store away for a rainy day. ;)

One never knows when such an effect may be needed.

Even though it's not fully clear to me how you've accomplished the effect I can't help but think this discussion is headed for the Useful Threads area.

Looks like I need to find Brandon's plasma ball post.

More info please!

Hi everybody, thanks for the replies.

The lightning is hair applied to different patches on the top half of a dome. The clouds, thanks to Phil Leavens, is a sprite emitter applied to a disc. Having problems with render times with the sprite emitter though. The lighting right now is a bulb keyed in the choreography, but I plan on adding the light to the model. Each hair patch has a slider to control the hair length. By adding the light to the model I can control the light intensity with the slider for the hair, so it does it automaticly making it alot easier. The dome and disc have a black decal on them set for transparency. With the decal in place I'll be able to swap out the image for a background pic. Once I get things worked out and I'm satisfied with it I'll post the model here.

p.s. Keep the crits coming it will help me out alot. Thanks again.