Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

First Car

I have decided to start work on my first car, i havent made one before so im not sure how this is going to go. I'm using some Subaru Impreza blueprints from the Onno van Braam website.

I wont be making a subaru, im just using the blueprints to get the basic shape of the car.

Wish me luck :D

Here's my progress so far, its not much but its a start :)

Pic_1.JPG

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spaceman - Thanks.

binder3d - Thanks, i hadn't reallly planned on making the openings for the windows since this is my first car, i just planned on getting the basic shape of the car. Once i've got that, i might go back and add more details. For now, im just going to give a patch a transparent material.

More progress.........

Pic_3.JPG

Hi Tom:

this car, being your first model, is very good, but I have some considerations ..take them in a positive way, as constructive critics, I learned plenty modeling the cars for my short

Peace

Xtaz

tomcar.jpg

Thanks for those pointers Xtaz.

I had look at the pics for your projects, and those cars are really nice. If you could post up a shaded wireframe of the whole car so that i could see your spline layout, i would be greatful.

One other thing, are there any advantages of making the parts separately ?

Thanks.

Xtaz, Thaks again for those pointers.

I have been playin around with the the things you mentioned and decided that, it might just be best just to start a new car..............but im not gonna give up on this one because it is my first. So i will carry on with this, and then keep those pointers in mind for my next car.

What materials did you use for that final render of your car ? it looks great.

Update soon to come.............................

Hi again Tom :

I am happy for helping you :rolleyes:

lets go ...

that i could see your spline layout
i posted in this post a shaded wire from X-Two2 Go ... you can see the Saint X Coupee "wireframed" in this page of my topic

are there any advantages of making the parts separately

you should make parts separately, because .... they are separately in the "real" life .... this help in the final conception of the model

What materials did you use for that final render of your car ? it looks great.

In this page of the topic

I agree with you, you should adjust your first model, and parallel, you would model other, with a new :ph34r:spline vision :ph34r:

Peace

Xtaz

two2goshadwire.jpg

Thanks for more great info Xtaz.

I changed the bits above the wheels to one spline. Thats all ive done on this model. The car still needs a lot of smoothing and major tweaking before i mirror it.

I will use the techniques you mentioned for my next car, because if were to use them on this car, it would be easier to start from scratch.

Here's the latest update...........

Pic_5.JPG

Well, i spent about an hour and half trying it finish this morning. Its not great.

Any comments, or critisims you have, just post them and i will keep them in mind for my next car. Hopefully it will be better than this.

I cant be too negative, after all it was my first car, and im pleased with how it came out. And i could always go back and change it once i have learnt more.

Anyway, here it is...............

Pic_6.JPG

Hey, that's really good considering how quickly you made it. currently, it looks like one of the cars that completed the race. :)

There are a few places that need to be corrected. Mainly the splines that auto- connected around the wheel wells. Something else, you can break the car down in sections just like a real car. It does make it easier to model and control the surface smoothness on areas where the curves turn sharply.

Thanks for the comments guys. Youv'e made me think more positivly about this WIP :)

PlJack - Thanks, i was wondering how it was going to turn out, my other tries had gone wrong. But im happy with the end result.

DarkLimit - At first, i thaught that modeling a car seemed intimidating, but i just decided to have a go.

Your efforts has inspired me

Thanks, glad i could help :)

Iham Wrong - Thanks, i modeled this car as one piece so next time, i will model the parts separatly.

nerrazzi, i had suburu blurprints that i used as rotoscopes, but i wasnt really trying to model a suburu it was just for the basic shape.

Your car looks great, and thanks for sharing how you made it. Ill need to read up for my next car.