sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I don't remember modeling the disco ball.

HeadlessBill

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW now that be bright .

It has an interesting feel to it im not sure its my cup of tea but it could be used I suppose in a very high charged animation, Did I mention that its bright :blink:

Mike

Well, turn down the brightness on your monitor!

But seriously, I do have my monitor set up so it closely resembles what the images look like when they come out of my printer, which has my monitor running a bit dark. I've had a few people tell me that my images are a tad bright. Which, in the long run, may be better, since the office will actually be rather dark in the actual animation.

Though things I've put to video and watched on my TV don't seem to be much brighter than it is on my monitor.

Another interesting factor I've noticed is that it's mainly my friends on PC's that say the images are too bright and not so from my friends on Macs.

This may need further investigation.

Im on a Mac and its still bright :)

dont you think that you have to much bounce off of everything ,I mean if I had to go into an office like that I'd probably pass out :wacko:

all kidding aside I really like the modeling and the set up of the office is well done but I do think the lighting is a little to strong for my taste ( just an opinion )

Mike

Well, this particular lit version is just so I can see how things are situated in the office. I have a light just above the camera that fills the scene, so this is not how the set will actual be lit. It'll be darker. I'm rendering a shot of the office without the 'fill' light as I type this and hopefully will have it up for critiques later in the day (Geez, it's almost 2AM. I hate working closing shifts.).

And yes, that shot is brighter than I intended it to be, but I think it's because of me accidentally turning on radiosity and getting that wierd but interesting 'mirror-ball' effect. The same image without radiosity is slightly less bright.

Oops! I accidentally originally sent this post as a report. :unsure::(

A little ambient light should fill this out nicely! the first one didn't strike me as too bright overall, though the light fixtures were really ablaze. In general it had a good tonality. I'm on a Mac btw. It's interesting that pc users mentioned it being bright, this is just the opposite of how both platforms display graphics.

If you fill this scene with a low, cool ambient light it should be real nice.

Gerry