Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Looking for critiques

HI, all

I'm posting this new model i'm completing and i'm look for critiques.

The head I did almost 6 months or so ago

The body i started this week.

She a little bottom heavy maybe for some but perfect for me.

Here the image

post-7-1087992480.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very NICE Amar. Looks like she'll animate well. Keep with it! What do you have in mind for an outfit? Now is the time to be thinking of that as well. We can't just have naked women running around in our animations, now can we? Also, hope you are thinking of some V11 hair.

Keep us posted!

thanks for the comments guys.

I'm fixing up her waist to hip area now and since she's a hero type trying to figure out an outfit I got some ideas I'll post the pics in a sec.

But i'm open to suggestions and if you see any thing else that stands out maybe i can correct it.

Since the face is of someone i know the textures have been already started.

I don't think you are going to get many crits on this Amar. Too you have quiet a bit of experience modeling chracters. Therefore the body geometry looks well thought out and the splinage carefully placed.

Side note: If I didn't know better I would think you were planning on doing something to compete with Joe Williamson's Huntress model. Of course I can't blame you. She's very interesting and the attention to detail is mind blowing.

<grins>

Thanks Frank for the complement but even in those truths you say I still find error and i'm sure others can that's why I posted it.

Thanks maybe when I texture her and add the costume I'll get ruffle from the bushes. :D

by the way let me post those costume possiblities.

P.S. again i like your fred. :)

As far as clothing goes, it depends a bit on what this character is going to be doing.

After all, James Bond doesn't always wear a tux. Think about what type of character this is, what kind of personality does she have. I did notice that the first drawing was the only one that gave her long hair.

The 1st choice: - this is the most "feminine" of the choices. There's a definite sleek sexuality. This is a woman who knows how to use her sexuality to the best of her advantage. "Sleek" best describes this look and her actions would reflect that, stealth and subtlety are her largest assets.

Animating this shouldn't be a big problem, but you'll have to watch the creases with some of the more extreme poses.

The 2nd choice: - this is "full combat mode" This is a chick that doesn't take sh*t from anyone, male or female. There's nothing subtle about this, it means business.

Animating plate armor with the new weight control system should make this a fairly straightforward task.

The 3rd choice: - this is more the "adventure hero" look, out and about in the wild, untamed places. This is a no nonsense "get the job done" look. The apparatus on her arm may have some possibilities to assist her with this

Animating this shouldn't pose too many problems, depending on the arm thing.

The 4th choice: This is the least defined of the looks, almost a cross blend between the first and the third. There's a sleekness about it, but it also has a no nonsense quality to it.

Animation this should be no more difficult than the first look. Actually with the hair, it may be easer.

Well, there's my take on these outfits, and no.... I wasn't a fashion consultant in another life... really :lol:

Good luck with it.

Steve P.

Heck, that is a simple choice... Do them all. Women change outfits on a whim. :D

Too, she would look great in any attire you choose.

My preference would be dressing her in a classy blue business suit, blouse and some nice high heels. Kind of a day look when she's not out saving the world from villains.

:)

Hi Amar,

Nice work so far.

Since you are looking for some criticism, I would like to give you a brand of criticism called constructive criticism.

First off, I have attached a modified image (I hope) of two areas of your model that caught my attention.

1. The Head Mesh:

Overall it looks fine. Since I don't know what kind of athstetics that you are aiming for I won't offer many comments in that area.

I did spot a 3-point patch in the mesh near the front of the ear. The top portion of the attached image offers one possible way to solve that situation with 4-point patches and hooks it if you desire to remove it.

Also it looks as if you need to flip the normals of one of a 5-point patch in the ear itself. I pointed to that in the image as well.

2. The "Bottom Heavy Area":

Like you, I have no problem with "bottom heavy" areas and that is not a problem on this model.

I would say that there may be a problem with the model being "bottom high" at this point in the modeling process.

Here is what I mean:

If you look critically at the view of your figure's butt in relation to the torso you may find that it is not quite flowing with the rest of the body's contours.

The top of the woman's butt should flow into the small of her back and that transition should occur below her navel (maybe about 3/4 of the way up from her crotch... but of course you can use use your artistic license).

Now you did mention that you are working in that waist to hip area now so maybe you that is something that you have already addressed. In the image I attached I have made a crude representation of a possible alteration you can try with that.

3. The Costume:

Nice drawings by the way. They are all nice costumes.

If I had to pick only one I would pick the third one (the one with the shorts). The shape of the figure in that drawing also seems to be more in line with the figure you are modeling.

But if you have a script that you are working from the story could possibly help determine what kind of costume would work best for you.

Well I hope that helps you out some Amar.

Amarmodel.jpg

Mack

Thanks, you're right.

I have already corrected that area and i starting planning for the costume design tomorrow or tonight i'll post an update with the changes and a costume.

Hey, Hashers

Here's an update of my character with some clothes on :D

I got to finish her costume and of course the rig......oh and give her a wig.

This is the img update and I have 360 animated view of her also.

Comments are welcomes........be brutally honest.

My goal is to finish a model that will rival some of the high density models you see on CGTALK.

Thanks for the coments so far. :)

P.S. I'll probaly use three techniques for the hair (1. wig and texture, 2. Hair mat and texture and 3. Use the v.11 hair stylize feature with textures once I get 11 sometime in july. :( )

post-7-1088441084.jpg

Great work.

A few more crits, some of this is nitpicking, but hey...

Her nose seems a bit thin.

Eye color too closely matches her skin tone, I recommend green or maybe blue, oh heck I dunno...something that doesn't match her skin color but goes well with her clothing and hair.

Depending on what the material is supposed to be, maybe a little less shine with the clothing.

Give this poor lady some hair. :)