Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fred test

Paul Harris of Scotia Publishing was looking for a modeller.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6371

I suppose he found one, but I can't resist showing off my version with the reference image. :) Hope I don't cross any boundries here. :unsure:

=====================================================

It's not by any means a good likeness, but fair to close. I know he looks a bit older than the ref. I figure this is due to the elongation of the face and narrowing of the neck. The mesh needed more room for the mesh to be manipulated. The clothing is a bit too smooth, but I prefer not to deal with a dense mesh. At present the mesh is at 3044 patch count and should easily come in under 4k when complete.

Still lots to do on the rigging for full blown animation. It's currently good enough for general use, but not at the extreme level it would need to be.

post-7-1087756639.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Wow Frank!

Your work is awesome!

There are a lot of things that make me want to model my own stuff... like almost everything I see in real life everyday! I see things and say... wow... I wanna model that! :lol:

Then I see modeling such as yours that makes me want to give up modeling altogether and just hire out my projects to artists in the A:M Community!

I'd hire you!!! :)

Wow Frank! Great job, in my opinion!

I think you did a great job laying out the splines - I think if I built that mesh it would have come out almost exactly as far as how you laid out the splines! Kept the patch count real low, while getting enough detail.

Nice

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

hey that's really good modeling.

I just completed working on that model also and I like how yours turned out better.

Yours look more mature and has a bit more character.

I did recreate some quick rotos to getter a better perspective of the character.

I going to refer this link to him if your interested, I'll post a pic in a bit.

I'm emailing him now and I'll refer this link.

The only thing also I see you added was Hair patches that increase the count the approach was similiar.

You ended up with 3000+pacthes which is still good and I 2600+ patches.

Which was due to me adding the pencil and the bandaid.

I still think the approach was great and still it turned out very clean.

I'll post an image now

Wow Frank!  Great job, in my opinion!

I think you did a great job laying out the splines - I think if I built that mesh it would have come out almost exactly as far as how you laid out the splines!  Kept the patch count real low, while getting enough detail.

Nice

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Thanks Mike. It was your Cog CD tutorial from a couple of years ago that got me over the rigging/constraint hump. I had been struggling with constraints and rigging for years, but after applying what seemed like thousands of orient_likes, it all clicked into place.

Add Anzovin's TSM animation rig to what I learned from you and I can now rig just about anything to work sufficiently. What I like about TSM is that you can bone your character out as you model it, save it and run it through TSM, import it in to a new action and test for problems. All of this can be done in just a matter of seconds. I'm eagerly awaiting the new Setup Machine plugin. I just simply love Raf's innovative and intuitive control system. Once you have gotten past the huge A:M learning curve and you are serious about animating your characters, then TSM is well worth the cost.

Thanks again guys.