sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A history question about the .prj scene file content included in versions 7 and 8.0

So as you probably have noticed, I don't just love Animation: Master, but I’m also very interested in its’ development history and I just wanted to know what .prj scene files were included at the time on the CDs of the software. Were some of them scenes from the showcase gallery here?

https://forums.hash.com/gallery/album/1-showcase/

If yes, then which of them were in these two versions? Also for the scenes that are not included in the gallery, could you show me some wireframe screenshots and final renders of what they looked like (including information about which were included on which CD)? I’m talking about .prj files which are not included in the Extras CD.

In the end, how frequently was the content changing from versions 5 (1997) to 8.5 (2001)? Did it just expand from CD to CD, or even though most of the .prj scene files would be the same during that timeframe, (just as with the case of the versions from 2002 and later, when the majority of the content had been replaced) there would be also some content that would frequently change too, even back then?

I’m not asking you to send me any of the files, but I’m just curious.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

If you are just talking about actual PRJs I suspect they were few.  Most of the assets on CDs were models without a Chor or PRJ.

I have a few of those CDs but not all the very early ones you ask about.

Dennis the Dog (AM2000) :

V8.0?

image.png

Keekat (Hash 2001)

image.png

Petey & Jaydee (HASH2002):

image.png

14 hours ago, robcat2075 said:

If you are just talking about actual PRJs I suspect they were few.

That is some great history information. Thank you. I’m surprised by the fact that the variety of the .prj scene files wasn’t as big as I expected, but still some of these look interesting. Could you please show me some Shaded/Wireframe screenshots and final renders of “Jumper”, “Moonscape” and “roof top mayhem”?

14 hours ago, robcat2075 said:

Most of the assets on CDs were models without a Chor or PRJ.

I guess this is what I was mainly thinking about. Well, I know the fact that the majority of the character models from that timeframe were characters from the “Why does the wind blow?” short film, but I guess that the rest of the content in that category was varying during that time (a lot of the models and especially the “realistic”, “anime” and “vehicles” categories), right?

That’s strange. I even thought the scene with the two dragons (which was seen on the cover of the second edition of the Animation Master handbook by Jeff Paries) would also be included. This probably means that at the time they were released as separate models without a .prj file? I know I saw the tree model from that scene being used as a bush for an animated project from 1998 before (which might have been created using version 6).

Also, what was the list of the motion capture files that were included? And in case you don't feel I'm asking for too much, what did the models which were coming from the tutorials folder look like, as well as the more refined of the “realistic”, “anime” and “vehicles” models (that weren’t included in the Extras CD) in AM2000? I would like to see screen captures of some in Shaded/Wireframe mode.

• Hash Fellow

Here's what I should have done... a search!

all the *prj on "Dennis the Dog"

image.png

This was the only .cho

image.png

I tried loading "Jumper" and "Rooftop". They crashed A:M! It's possible an older version would work.

Here's "Moonscape":

image.png