Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

La Maison du Pastel

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Imagine if you needed a different mouse for every color you wanted to use. That is pastels.

The story of an art shop that has been around since the 1700s...

The tiny Paris pastel shop that changed art history

click on this link...

https://t.co/vUpuFCKxiX

Behind an old wooden counter in a shop in Paris’s Le Marais district, a woman in a light-blue shirt stretches for a shelf behind her and slides out a box. She places it on the counter and unstacks three hidden layers. Inside are neat rows of colourful sticks, cushioned in cotton wool and held in tonal formation. Although firm, they appear sweet and doughy. Each is individually wrapped in a loop of branded paper that reads “Henri Roché”.

The sticks are handmade pastels, fine enough for Édouard Vuillard, Edgar Degas, James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Odilon Redon, Richard Serra, Winston Churchill — all customers of the oldest pastel maker in the world, La Maison du Pastel.

A true love story... thank you for sharing it Robert. 
I felt the texture on my fingers and also the dry smell of the environment, an imaginative journey, I will put it on my wish list, visit this little piece of dream.

Below my self portrait.

202100526_4394554080554914_3257696312786123325_n.jpg

• Like 2