Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first project

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

At first I was going to say.... too slow... in the first part. But NO... perfect.

It is actually.... very..... relaxing..........

Both capture the whole oriental environmnet/feeling very well... bravo!

Reminds me of Japan! Almost thought I was back there for a moment.

Thanks for that! :)

You might get more responses if you used .mov instead of divx.

Hi guys!

First I thank your answers!

J. Baker: I used the divx instead of .mov,because part 1 is too big, but if You can offer a good setup for .mov,then I will post part 1 again! Originally these parts are attached and this choreography has one more part! I would like to be post this movie fully, but this is too big!

My project: lenght: 1 minute

size: 32 Mb

format: mpeg

VeridisQuo567: The clap is slowly originally too, and I'm sure in it ,because I'm going Aikido!!! I thank your opinion!

Rodney: I will post more screen capture and movie clip,but I ask a few time,and after I will wait your opinion,that it remember you for The Japan Culture,

until I'm waiting your "animation lesson"

Here is a sample in my project :Kotageashi

I'm waiting your opinion!

Sharky :unsure:

Couple of things,

The action looks good but the characters seem a little stiff.

The action is WAY too fast! The arms and legs are a blur.

For the pants, I would suggest not using 0 0 0 black, crank it up just a little bit. This will allow a little seperation, so we can distinguish the characters better.

I had NO IDEA that Elmer Fudd EVEN KNEW martial arts... :lol:

Just my two cents.

Steve P.

Hi Mr. William Sutton!

How can I do BVH files for motion capture, because I'm learning your motion capture tutorial and I think that I maybe use it to animate the basic steps!

What do yuo think about it!

Do you offer this method or not? And Why?

I'm waiting your answer!

Thanks, Sharky ;)

Here is a company that might be able to help you record some motion capture:

http://www.mantismotion.com/

My tutorial is about using .bvh files that are already captured. If you have to record from scratch, it is going to cost a lot...

You maybe should purchase Jeff Lew's character animation DVD. He gives an example of rotoscope animation using a video of himself doing a martial arts move. That is probably a better approach for your Aikido animations.

• Admin
Rodney: I will post more screen capture and movie clip,but I ask a few time,and after I will wait your opinion,that it remember you for The Japan Culture,

until I'm waiting your "animation lesson"

Here is a sample in my project :Kotageashi

Rodney:Here is a screen capture!

Eeeek. Sorry for the delay... I sometimes miss a post here and there. If you need response from anyone in particular it might be advised to email them as well as post... that way it won't see that you are being ingnored. Which is DEFINITELY NOT the case.

Having said THAT...How can I resist to offer my 2 cents on your excellent project!

I like it! I love your whole project! I need to stare some more at the screenshot to do the 'ol travelin' home to Japan thing...

A few thoughts

First on the animation fight:

As Steve suggested the action is REALLY fast... wow!

Fast may be the effect you are going for... but on it's own outside of a 'frame' scene or "Click to see a demonstration of the move" it appears too fast.

Question: At the end of the move should the character still be in the same stance... or does the 'official' move allow for a step back. Some form of action as the end would help 'finish' the shot.

Concerning the screenshot:

Hmmmm... I've had a bit of trouble myself geting good still shots with samuai and swords... It can be a trick to get a good shot every so many frames... but... this is important.

Thinking about still frames can help tell your stories in powerful ways when you animate all those frames together. A very valuable tip that makes for some of the best shots in animation is silhouetting. If you can color your model black and 'see' the character at important frames (critical moments) in the scene you have mastered the art of silhouetting in animation.

While your screenshot may not be designed to show us that 'moment' in that particular scene I'll take a moment to elaborate a little more on the subject. (Hope you don't mind).

In particular I want to comment on what I see that looks 'right' to my eye!

toshisan.jpg

Toshisan is set in the scene in a perfect stance beneath the torii gates...He is postioned directed in the path of any threat to the way that is kept by those inside.

He is their protector.

I note that the foward foot extends outward from the torii threshold indicating on offensive nature... guarding the sanctity of the area within the gate. The rear foot is inside... showing that Toshisan has freedom to move in and out of the gates... while denying entry to others where necessary.

The imagery sends important messages that deliver the story to the viewer on more than just one level...

Bravo!

There are a few things that catch my eye... and make me wonder what might be the message (if any) behind the image...

The torii gate itelf appears just a I remember some of the modern metal gates in Japan. It feels somehow out of place though... especially with the color yellow/gold(?). The color makes my ask... why gold? You may have the answer to that question.... We for now do not know....

Most of the gates I've seen are red... and built of wood. Although they vary greatly as I'm sure you know. It might be interesting to know why this particular clan has a gold gate. Hmmmmm....

I don't know much about Aikido... my ignorance might be now on view for all to see!

Enough from me for now.

Keep up the great work Sharky!

Most impressive!

Hi Guys!

First I thank Rodney's opinion,because it is very instructive for me!

I promise Rodney, that I will post more screen captures and shots in my project!

Thanks , one more times! :)

Mr. William Sutton, You gave me a good Idea, because I have Jeff Lew's DVD package, and I remember the rotoscope lesson! Maybe it will be good for me! :huh:

But I have some new question:

-First: Where can I download ZANDORIA_SKELETON for BVH tutorial?

-Second: I have a big problem in the animation, well I try to descript it!

If I animate my model's hands, for example, he extends his hands forward,then the hands go cross each other the half of way, Why?

I used the IKarms!I was meeting it more motions! (For example : in the kotageashi sample,so I used motion blur, that You don't see these mistakes!)

What did you make wrong? :blink:

I'm waiting your answer or anybody!

Thanks before, Sharky! ;)

But I have some new question:

-First: Where can I download ZANDORIA_SKELETON for BVH tutorial?

That rig is not available for download. The tutorial applies to any rig--just use orient like constraints on the control bones of whatever rig you are using.

Unless you have motion capture files of Aikido techniques, or the expensive equipment to record them, you aren't going to be able to use that tutorial for this project.

Hi Mr: William Sutton!

I have a big problem in the animation, well I try to descript it!

If I animate my model's hands, for example, he extends his hands forward,then the hands go cross each other the half of way, Why?

I used the IKarms!I was meeting it more motions! (For example : in the kotageashi sample,so I used motion blur, that You don't see these mistakes!)

What did you make wrong?

I'm waiting your answer or anybody!

Thanks before, Sharky!

It sounds like you need to set more keyframes. At the halfway point, where the position of the arms is wrong: adjust the position, making a new keyframe so that the software can interpolate the correct motion.

If that isn't what you are asking, then I am not understanding the question. Don't direct your questions to me specifically. I am no more qualified to answer than anyone else. I do not work for Hash. I only answer what I can, when I have the time.

You don't need to email me that you have posted a question. the forum automatically notifies anyone that is subscibed to a thread that there are new replies. If I don't answer you, then I don't have an answer. Don't keep emailing me to answer you!

Hi!

It sounds like you need to set more keyframes. At the halfway point, where the position of the arms is wrong: adjust the position, making a new keyframe so that the software can interpolate the correct motion.
Is it right method?

Does it have another method? :huh:

You don't need to email me that you have posted a question. the forum automatically notifies anyone that is subscibed to a thread that there are new replies. If I don't answer you, then I don't have an answer. Don't keep emailing me to answer you!

Rodney give me a tip:If you need response from anyone in particular it might be advised to email them as well as post...

Thanks your answer,and I'm sorry! :unsure:

Sharky