sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A hot, Caffeine-rich beverage...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it, I wish I had clicked on the WIP thread... I figured you were just modeling a coffee cup, and thought, "bo-o-o-oring..." I shoulda known better!

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of my favorite movies, and that's a beautiful piece of work. Well done.

VERY nice work! You've created a great sense of personality in this character. It could still be solidified a bit more strongly, but you have a great start on it as it is (understanding that it's at FFN status). Fun choice of sound file for this guy, too.

Keep it up! :D

Thanks guys!

As for tweaking - I've already succumb to its siren call - about 5 minutes after I posted the link in fact!

Despite this being the Showcase fourm, feel free to point stuff out.

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of my favorite movies

I better point you in the direction of this then -

Lunch!

This one is rough around the edges.. but getting there.

I'm polishing off the WOTW clip today - it'll take a fair while to render but it should make a showcase appearance later in the week.

Hi Parlo!

I really like the personality of your character. I hope we will see him again

(perhaps enjoying a good cup of coffee). I especially like his big hands. The left

hand really drives the action in a convincing way.

Thanks Zaryin and Animus - that door bounce is getting a lot of love!

He was originally designed and built for a short that I'm still working on. I've been surprised by the direction in which his animated personality has gone... Expect to see a lot more of him soon.

• 3 weeks later...

That clip is amazing. I just have two tiny comments. First, there's an insignificant pass-through on his collar at around :30:01. Second, you can hear the speaker breathing, but your character is not; his shoulders are not going up and down, and it makes the viewer kind of tense. My parents teach an Eccentric Performing workshop (http://www.celebrationbarn.com/workshop/work/w6.eccent.html) that deals a lot with being comfortable on stage, and letting the audience feel comfortable, and one of the ways to do that is to breathe. You don't have to change anything, as it's almost perfect as is, but it's just something to keep in mind when animating: everyone has to breathe.

Wow, really superb stuff Parlo, this one, in terms of acting seems way more advanced than your WOTW.

I'd love to see his coat tails have some secondary motion applied. Oh, and a very very small detail, but his thumb looks a little stiff compared to the other fingers, it seems rigid towards the end of the sequence. I wouldn't mention it normally, I just want the piece to be perfect. :D

Thanks guys,

igeek - the breathing thing is something that I've been looking into but haven't been able to get to look right. I'm trying to concentrate on strong poses and transitions at the moment and adding that kind of movement has just made all of these seem 'fuzzy'. I know exactly what you mean though and will be trying to intergrate into any future stuff. It was just giving me a bit of a headache.

Pequod - it's interesting that you compare this clip to "No-one.." in the way that you do. I personally prefer this one because it's so much shorter! Also because it has a more snappy and cartoony feel to it - it's more immediate and somehow doesn't demand as much attention. The other one was much more about reducing something down to being as subtle as I could get away with. In that sense I don't feel that the 2 characters are the same in both clips. The contrast between the 2 is a bit of a dilema for me in regards to my reel.

I've done a final version which should be appearing on A:M Films very soon (along with a final version of "No-One...). There is a tad more movement in the fingers and thumb but I've done nothing with the coat tails for this piece. I'm actually going to give his body a bit of a make over in the next few weeks. I want to try and distance him a bit more from his uncle "Jack" ;)

Thanks again guys!

:ph34r: