Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Good vs. Evil

Here's a picture I did recently with two robot characters I made. While the robots are still technically WIPs, this is a nice looking final render of the two.

Feedback welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!

post-8-1081490199.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heheh! I like. The character in the back looked like a cat to me, at first. Then I saw the cloven feet. Not many cats have those.

I like the "cabinet-front" torso. I have a robot with a similar feature, except it is a filing cabinet -- he works in an office, you see. ;)

Feel free to share more pics with these guys, they've got some potential!

Thanks for the comments!

Rodney, you're right, it is toon rendering. In v9.0q, it's a standard toon render with a line thickness of 0.5. I found the deafult 1.5 was too thick and ugly, but the combination of the 0.5 thickness, white background, and the textures of the robots really worked. Actually, I also set all the lights to white, too. So it's a white background with white lights. I was mucking around one day and found these settings turn out really well, so I use it often.

Ross, thanks for the comments. The evil robot (no name yet) isn't suppose to be a cat. It's just suppose to be evil/bad. The big head is suppose to be horn like (think of a devil). I'm not sure if the cabinet thing was something I decided to add in from my own imagination, or if I was inspired by Bender's chest from Futurama. I don't really remember if it was my idea or inspired. :D

Here's a render I did a while back with Bolts (he's the white/good robot). Also seen is a smaller, inferior version of Bolts I made. I'm not really sure what it is, or what its purpose is, but I just call it Toy.

post-8-1081569302.jpg

Edited by stephen

Excellent characters and render. I like the red light, the way it shines on the metal. Is that part of the model, or is it part of the chor

Thanks! The red light is actually apart of the metal. I wanted to have a red-like glow on the body. I feel it adds to the effect and the whole "evil/bad" idea. Adds character :)

Here's another render of the evil robot. As I said before, he doesn't really have a name yet. I just usually call him Evil Bolts for now.

post-8-1081569826.jpg