Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

fury monster

Well, here's a little progress on my fury little monster I've been working on. It's actually my first model in AM, damn splines...lol. I guess I'm starting to get a hang of the splines. Still needs legs and some other work. I like him so far without an actual nose but that might change once I start animating him. Will post when I get some more of him completed. Cheers

Oh ya, need to have it where the PNG format can be used as an attachment here. I don't like JPG compression.

post-7-1081154292.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I like his over-all look.

Because this is animation, you might get a better effect if you enlarged the hands a bit.

Larger hands, especially when they're covered in fur, would allow for much more expressive gestures. As they are now, you lose some of the ability to effectively convey the subtle character nuances that make animation so much fun in the first place.

Just my two cents,

Steve P.

Because this is animation, you might get a better effect if you enlarged the hands a bit.

Thanks for the comment Steve! :D I had this in mind as well. These hands you see now were my first hands ever made and I was trying to get a feel of how the hands are done. I do agree though, big hands and big feet will be great when animating.

• 1 month later...

Just made my first nose ever. Didn't know it was so difficult. This is just a small progress with the nose and had to redo some splines around the upper legs/hips for animation purposes. Time to work on the mouth some more and I'm sure the ears are going to take some time. Oh, my character is no longer going to be a fury monster. I think he's going to be like half creature and half human type of deal. Also, what do you guys think about the feet? I'm not sure where I'm going with those yet but was thinking about giving his feet claws like a cat or something ( not a house cat, lol).

post-7-1087701195.jpg