sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Horizons WIP

I'm modelling the New Horizons Pluto Spacecraft for an areospace client.

Here is my progress so far. Hope to complete it in the next couple of days. The client is asking for as much detail as possible. There are a ton of small appendages I still have to model. Thankfully they are all basic shapes, cubes, cylinders, etc.

post-7-1081111263.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I like. The simplicity of your modeling is a definite plus.

Since your client is asking for detail I assume you'll add even detail more via decals after you finish adding geometry.

Really looking forward to the textures etc!

Thanks! Well, actually I am modeling all the small components that are hanging off the craft itself. I was given tech drawings that show nozzles and equipment that is stuck all over this thing. He is just interested in the mesh only, so I will not have to texture map it. So I will model as much as possible, then export it to a 3ds and dxf file for him. Texturing and animating is up to someone else.

Thanks for your interest. I have a couple more spacecraft that I am contracted to finish. One of them is the Viking mars lander. Although I modelled that years ago with Imagine. Link to my Viking Lander modeling page

I really like AM for modelling mechanical objects. I find it easy and very intuative.

Thanks for the positive comments.