sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rogue One

Roger

• *A:M User*

I saw Rogue One tonight, it was very good.

I still don't know what a Bothan looks like, though.

There was also a cameo appearance of

a very young Princess Leia...who was either played by an uncanny lookalike or a CG body double, it was very hard to tell. She looked that much like a young Carrie Fisher. The only other option I can think of is they shot extra footage for A New Hope and kept it under wraps all this time.

There were some nice callbacks to the original trilogy without it feeling like a reboot/retread like Force Awakens. I liked Force Awakens also but this one held its own. If the rest of the movies are of this caliber then Disney stands to make a ton of $$$ of the franchise.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I didn't even open this topic for fear it might set me up for expectations (one way or another) and I wanted to go into the movie with as little preconceptions as possible.

I did have a few preconceptions that were placed by some of the ramp up work and trailers... some of those seem to have been placed to misdirect the audience.

Interesting. I wonder if the DVD will have a few extended sequences that either explains their absence or weave them into the show.

A major part of this movie... other than simply answering the question of what happened to those rebel scum... er.... heroes that stole the Death Star plans... is to set up a long line of Star Wars related spin off movies and it accomplished that quite well.

I enjoyed the movie and there is certainly a lot to take in.

Plenty of enjoyable characters to like... dislike... quite well done.

It's not easy to have that many characters and have you make a solid connection with them.

I'll have to watch the film again (several times I'm sure) to get at the details I missed.

Added: I just saw a video of shots from the Rogue One trailers that weren't in the final film and... a whole lot were missing in the final film... and the video didn't even get them all.