sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Morph hits the Decks

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert

I downladed the piece and stepped through it frame by frame. The posing is phenomenally good and the economy of working on two's makes it even more impressive. The opening, were Morph pops up out of the ground, is done in 6 poses over 12 frames.

Inspirational.

( and thats not a word I use often ).

Theres another clip on Youtube which shows an Aardman animator running a workshop as part of their Kickstarter campaign with some of the people who backed it. He explains, in passing, that Morph never takes his feet off the ground when walking and, when you step through it, that becomes obvious. What they do is to vary the poses for each step, so there are the same number in each step, but the poses are slightly different. At least, thats how it appeared?

regards

simon

Getting things off the ground is a hassle in stop mo. I did a bouncing ball and used coat hanger to hold it in the air and then erased it from the frames in post.

attachicon.gifclaybouncel.mov

Too much work for me. That was the end of my stop-mo! :)

Robert

I'm going slightly boss eyed frpm staring at the screen for too long at the moment so keen to try stop frame at the weekends. I did try a bouncing blob ( not sure where it is at the mo ) but, to get around the problem you mention using the coat hanger for, I turned it through 90 degrees. So it appeared that the wall the camera was looking down, was the floor plane, and the base was the end wall ( if that makes sense ? ).

What I enjoy about stop frame is that you get to touch it, rather than operating virtually.

regards

simon