Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Beveling after the fact?

Roger

• *A:M User*

Is there any way to bevel after the fact?

I'm racing to finish my contest entry, and one of the parts is looking really awful with knife-like edges, but I'm not sure how best exactly to bevel it.
I could try adding more CPs and then smoothing the points, and seeing if that helps. It looks really rough right now, though.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Another tactic that works in some instances is... it the edge is sharp because it is made of peaked CPs, unpeak them then set te bias magnitude very small. 10 % or less. It will still be a tight turn but not as tight as a corner with a peaked CP.

This is easier than stitching in a new spline.

I thought I was going to be able to knock something out at the last minute.

As usual, what I think and what is the reality of things are completely different.

Rather than turn something half-ass in, I think I will keep working on this and just post it later, and wait for the next contest.

Well here is what I was trying to bang out last night. I think you might be able to guess what it is. I didn't feel comfortable sending it in, though. I'm going to finish it today and post in the WIP thread.

Even if I missed the deadline, I think it's worth doing still.

I wish I had started over from scratch a few weeks ago, I might have gotten him done in time. I was really wedded to doing a strict recreation but then decided "screw it, I'll just do an interpretation of the character" but by the time I'd settled on that I had let too much time go by.

I think it would have been tough to finish the eyes, ears, tail, gun/snout and properly texture him with only an hour to go.

K-9_rough.jpg

:)

I'm glad he's recognizable, at least. I let myself get to caught up with it being "perfect", between that and waiting too long to pick it back up, that was what did me in as far as making the deadline.

I think if I can knock out the details tonight, add a "skirt" or bumper to the base, he should start looking pretty close.

I'd like to redo the head, and if I wanted a photoreal version then I'd probably have to spend maybe another week getting the textures and lighting right.

But even with a half-finished model, if you knew what it was right away then that's a success in my book. Just need to finish now.

:)