• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin
Is there a glitch with the new server setup ?

Nope. The new server should (theoretically) fix the glitch however.

In the meantime you could purge your forum profile of all topic subscriptions.

That seems to be the only thing that 'fixes' it.

This includes even the topics you'd swear you didn't sign up to receive notifications in the first place.

When we finally make the move to the new server it is hoped that these old settings that no one can find will disappear.

Added: In most of the notifications there is this note:

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

If you are not subscribed to any forums and wish to stop receiving notification, uncheck the setting

"Send me any updates sent by the board administrator" found in 'My Controls' under 'Email Settings'.

• Admin

Perhaps we can figure this out and put it to rest once and for all.

The following are more workarounds that can be used in the interim:

I note that there are several places where we can turn on/off notifications in the Forum Controls (My Controls link up at the top right of the forum).

Under Subscriptions:

There are two options (View Topics and View Forums)

Open both of these and check to see you are subscribed to be notified of anything. Remove everything if you do not wish to receive any.

Under Email Settings:

Send me any updates sent by the board administrator

Enabling this option will add your email address to the administrators mail list and you will receive any updates sent.

(Make sure this option is unchecked if you do not wish to receive forum email)

Under Board Settings:

Do you wish to get a board notification when you get a new personal message?

(You can turn that to off and just look for the PM notification up at the top of the Forum page)

Unfortunately, all these areas are clear for me but I still occasionally receive year old notifications.

Please note that there are two issues here. One relates to PM messages and the other to topic subscriptions. The only thing they appear to have in common is the 'year-old' delay.

• Admin

Now HERE is the one that should be driving the problem but I haven't been able to get any confirmation of success in changing these settings.

At the top of every topic is a drop down menu that allows a topic to be tracked.

Activating this (clicking on the option) brings up a dialogue box where you can change the notification settings (see attached).

Change this to the option not to receive email and that SHOULD stop the notifications from the forum.

The bigger issue may be that this doesn't resolve all forum topics but only the one that was set to track at some point in time.

track_topic.jpg

• Admin

Note that there are two areas of concern with regard to that Options dropdown.

The first is Tracking the Topic and the second is Subscribing to the Forum.

Suggestion: When you get a delayed notification via email click on the link and go to that Topic.

From there Unsubscribe to that forum (and while there you can also check to see if Tracking the Topic is set to on)

Note that these are the same forums/topics that should appear in the Control Panel under Subscriptions where you can see them all (and turn them all off).

Track_and_Subscribe.jpg

• Admin

I will note that I haven't recieved any notification emails from Hash Inc (forum or PM) since tweaking my control settings earlier today.

Not that this is significant because that happened before as well... silence for months and then suddenly a bunch of notifications.