sprockets Hans Donuts 3D Printing USS Midnight 1950s Street Car Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Best online comic publishing?

jakerupert

hi all,

I am looking for the best way to distribute my comics online.

So far i have found: graphicly.com, inkblazer.com and iversecomics.com.

Could somebody please share their thoughts about there pros and cons

And possible alternatives please.

Mark? And maybe somebody else?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen, there is also gumroad.com and the thing from hp : magcloud.com.

And Mark, I guess you will have to make your online publishing really cheap to make it a succsess,

like lets sy 69,- cents or so.

Maybe worth a try....

Hey Jost,

The real trick is getting people to know about it. :-) After all, you could simply put a PayPal button on your website and email the file to the buyer.

In America, at least, Comixology seems to have set itself up as the dominant digital comic distributor. Via their "submit" program, indy publishers can get their books into Comixolgoy's eco-system, but it's still going to be hard for people who aren't looking for your book to find it.

Currently, I have four books on Comixology, and although I haven't seen the sales numbers, I'm sure they are tiny. It's also one of those deals where until you reach $100 in sales, you can't get your money. It also takes a REALLY long time for them to approve and process your books. Like 3 or 4 months or more. Depending on the amount of books they are releasing in a week (which doesn't seem to correspond to anything), your book may not even get highlighted. My two Greyhawk books came out in busy weeks and weren't featured. The two Wannabe Pirates books were featured, but came out in weeks where there weren't as many other books. Both ended up being reviewed by a blogger who gave them a lukewarm "C", saying that they were confused that the books look like children's books but would be too hard for a child to understand. (sigh...) :-)

I did have the very first book I published through them pirated, but it was basically available on the website for free anyway. :-)

• 2 weeks later...