sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Animation Workshop

Simon Edmondson

http://vimeo.com/channels/animationworkshop/85147504

This is a link to a Danish College's work under the Umbrella title of "The Animation Workshop".

I know nothing about them except they are based in Viborg and produce a very diverse range of quality work in a variety of different styles and media.

Apologies if you've seen it before.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm familiar with their logo and equate productions I see stamped with it as well worth watching.

Since I first saw their logo, the level of quality (of their online presence) has increased considerably.

Their outreach into the community and to young children is especially noteworthy (and not always easy to present while maintaining a look of high quality... they've done a good job with this).

While obviously having fun with it, they take animation very seriously and produce results.

The price is certainly right for those who qualify:

Tuition

There are no tuition fees for students coming from countries within EU/EEA. Students coming from countries outside the EU/EEA who do not hold a permanent Danish residence permit will be charged with a tuition fee of DKK 52,848 (approx. € 7087) per semester.

I'm guessing that is a bit expensive if paying out of state tuition.

I assume that a portfolio review, etc. is conducted prior to enrollment due to limited seats.

The 2014 film "Out of Bounds" is quite exceptional:

http://www.animwork.dk/en/bachelor_films/b...lor-films-2014/

[vimeo]85147505[/vimeo]

Direct Link to vimeo

:)

The price is certainly right for those who qualify:

Tuition

There are no tuition fees for students coming from countries within EU/EEA. Students coming from countries outside the EU/EEA who do not hold a permanent Danish residence permit will be charged with a tuition fee of DKK 52,848 (approx. € 7087) per semester.

I'm guessing that is a bit expensive if paying out of state tuition.

I assume that a portfolio review, etc. is conducted prior to enrollment due to limited seats....

Rodney

I hadn't looked closely at the school itself but did wonder if they offered P/T outreach study as it would be worth doing. I would dearly love to go to Scandinavia and hope to later this year but, sadly, residency is not an option for me. The fees seem quite high to me but, I had the privilege of not having to pay for my university education back in the 70's, ( one of the reasons I've never had a problem with paying taxes, I appreciate what I get for them ). I know US students spend a long time paying off their college fees but that is fairly recent here in the UK. There is a £9,000 per annum ceiling on University fees here, Oxbridge and the other "elite" Uni's included. I think that is only for EU and UK residents, others have to pay considerably more. Not sure about the exchange rate but think the Euro is roughly equivalent to the US dollar (?) so that would equate to about $15,000 a year , assuming a two semester year. Don't know how that compares to US colleges ? They do produce impressive work thought !

regards

simon