Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

AM 17.0g 64 bit rendering errors?

Tom

Hello All-

Just thought I would upgrade to the 64bit version of AM and try using version 17.0g.

Overall the speeds are great however I discovered when I try to render avi movies I get an error message, "AVI file create stream error". Also discovered that there are no options to render QuickTime movies in this version.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the avi rendering or if QuickTime rendering is planned for the future?

Many thanks!

Tom

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All-

Just thought I would upgrade to the 64bit version of AM and try using version 17.0g.

Overall the speeds are great however I discovered when I try to render avi movies I get an error message, "AVI file create stream error". Also discovered that there are no options to render QuickTime movies in this version.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the avi rendering or if QuickTime rendering is planned for the future?

Many thanks!

Tom

I think a lack of 64bit Codecs is the problem with AVI...you can render an AVI without compression in the 64bit version and it should be fine. For Quicktime, I think it's pretty much the same type of thing (no 64bit encoding provided by Apple). You can use the 32bit version to render either AVI's or Quicktime using compression. I generally render to TGA's and use something like Virtualdub or Quicktime Pro to make them a video file.

Hope that helps, Tom.

• Hash Fellow

And I'll note that you can use both the 32 and 64 bit versions of A:M with the same license. copy the master0.lic file from one to the other.

I also tend to render to TGAs or JPGs and compress later. With NetRender that's the only way to work.

And I'll note that you can use both the 32 and 64 bit versions of A:M with the same license. copy the master0.lic file from one to the other.

I also tend to render to TGAs or JPGs and compress later. With NetRender that's the only way to work.

Thank you!

Excellent explanation, Rob!

Just glad to know I am not doing something wrong on this end.

Tom