Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Import obj

steve392

I don,t kno where ells to put this so sorry if its wrong ,

Im trying to import a obj model as a prop but getting a crash everytime as soon as I click ok on the information window that comes up .I have triede small files aswell as larger ones ,it works fine in v16 but not 17 c or 17e .I want to use it to make a new model with the new tool in v17 .Any help or advice would be very welcome

cheers Steve

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank,s Robert,yea it was a prop I triede in v17 that was a no go so I triede a model but it just imported 1 spline very strange.I can import it into v16 so will do as you sugest and import that into v17 to use the snap to survice tool . by the by in v17 its taking a looong time to go from wireframe to shaded mode and takes a long time to bring up the action window. the screen goes white for a few seconds then it loads. thank,s for your reply

• Hash Fellow
Thank,s Robert,yea it was a prop I triede in v17 that was a no go so I triede a model but it just imported 1 spline very strange.I can import it into v16 so will do as you sugest and import that into v17 to use the snap to survice tool . by the by in v17 its taking a looong time to go from wireframe to shaded mode and takes a long time to bring up the action window. the screen goes white for a few seconds then it loads. thank,s for your reply

If the OBJ is something you can share you ought put it in an AMReport and note that the importer works in v16 but not v17

• 1 month later...

I have several programs I can text your obj file with to make sure it isn't corrupt. There is a chance the obj may have too many polygons and AM could be just taking a long time to import it. I have had that with stl files that have mill+ polys. Just very slow going and not recommended.