sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Alice in Wonderland

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the full piece is about 20-30 mins long and is based around the book of 'Alice', which was a bit strange in itself ( especially given that it was written by a 19th C vicar ). I don't think 'like' would be the right word for it but, I do appreciate the work and the result is slightly unsettling not just in the imagery involved and the models used but also in the meaning ( whatever it is exactly ) being just outside your reach. I suspect that, given it was made in the eastern block ( Czech ? ) in the 80's, there are a lot of cultural references that go by us westerners. Svankmajeir was barely tolerated by the authorities and I think some of his work was censored by them at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFUwX4-nsQU&feature=plcp

Is a bit more transparent in it its meaning but equally unsettling I think ?( contains mild sexual imagery )

Simon

Just after posting a friend spotted this. Quite astonishing given that it was made in the 1930's